What are you eating Saturday, September 14, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Smithfield garlic and herb pork loin, roasted baby red potatoes (tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence), cuke, twilight tomatoes, feta cheese, and Greek dressing.
The Herbs de Provence was pretty good.

pork_loin_091424_1_IMG_2999.jpg

Went to the market today and this lovely booth has bread. Last week I bought a focaccia, absolutely beautiful. Only lasted 3 days. Today I bought a sourdough and think if it even lasts 3 days I'm lucky.
She also has a cookbook... and yes, I bought it. "Earth to Table Bakes" 'everyday recipes for baking with good ingredients' by two Pastry Chefs, Bettina Schormann and Erin Schiestel. Bettina wasn't there today but her partner and daughter were. Lovely people. I've already got several sticky papers protruding from the pages.

another "not going to buy more cookbooks" failure.

Went to the market today and this lovely booth has bread. Last week I bought a focaccia, absolutely beautiful. Only lasted 3 days. Today I bought a sourdough and think if it even lasts 3 days I'm lucky.
She also has a cookbook... and yes, I bought it. "Earth to Table Bakes" 'everyday recipes for baking with good ingredients' by two Pastry Chefs, Bettina Schormann and Erin Schiestel. Bettina wasn't there today but her partner and daughter were. Lovely people. I've already got several sticky papers protruding from the pages.

another "not going to buy more cookbooks" failure.
What was your supper? How much of that loaf of sourdough is left? ;)

About a little tad larger than half of loaf is left, along with a naked but yummy hard boiled egg. Half an apple.

msmofet Was pretty sure you'd like those Herbs de Provence! Now try them with some scrambled eggs.

Last edited:
About a little tad larger than half of loaf is left, along with a naked but yummy hard boiled egg. Half an apple.

msmofet Was pretty sure you'd like those Herbs de Provence! Now try them with some scrambled eggs.
Added to raw eggs or after cooking?

You can do it either way i guess. usually I sprinkle it on while beating them up for scrambled. If I am making a sort of omelet type sometimes I sprinkle in on top and fold over, really depends on what else I'm adding.

Back
Top Bottom