What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually got it done with time to spare!!! It is just a small cake, there will be a larger one when our kids have their reception, but I wanted them to have a wedding cake for their wedding day. Not one of my straightest cakes but they are very pleased and surprised!

I actually got it done with time to spare!!! It is just a small cake, there will be a larger one when our kids have their reception, but I wanted them to have a wedding cake for their wedding day. Not one of my straightest cakes but they are very pleased and surprised!

so pretty. you are a talented maker of memories.

babe:ermm::ermm:

Thanks, Babe. This was a labour of love. Actually they all are. When they stop being that, I will stop making them.

baking containers for NYT bread

I can't believe I've seen these a few times [without the box] at various jaunts I've been on. Never knew what it was so of course I didn't buy. Now I wish I had.
Actually look at yard sales for one of those clay bakers for chicken. They work wonderfully, and what with using my silicone baking sheet just lifting the dough into the heated clay pot, I've had nothing but success with NYT recipe. Actually I've been using the beer for most of my liquid too.

I bake when I'm upset. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday as I was running with the kids, but I made MexicoKaren's Lemon sourcream Pound cake. It is so yummy.

Karen, have I thanked you for posting that? It is a favorite around here. Thank you so much.

Cornbread! Perfect. I'm going to do that too. We are having meatballs in gravy for dinner and cornbread will be perfect to sop it up. Now I just have to find that recipe again...

I was thinking about chocolate chip cookies because if I don't use the bag of chips soon they will end up as snacks!!!

that's what happened to my choc chips suzi, the only good thing is if i would have made cookies out of them there would have been more to eat. Which I really dont need.

my strategy is to make really small cookies. The recipe I just used was to make 2 dozen and I got over 3 dozen. One small cookie will satisfy me. So I can make one cup of chocolate chips last a really long time;)

I'm looking at a big bag of peanuts and some golden syrup leftover from bake-sale brittle...what can I possibly do with those? More brittle?....blech...

In my house, I have to hide the chocolate chips (and I buy them in 2 kilo bags) or they are gone before I know it. And I have to keep changing the hiding places because they get found out. I usually make 12 dozen CC cookies at a time and I even have to hide those and put only a few at a time in the cookie jar.

I don't eat the chips or the cookies because chocolate gives me migranes.....so I must have some mice or something in the house cause DH and DD swear they don't touch them!!!! LOL!!!!

Lego girl is the chocolate hound.....
I dunno where she gets that from..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom