Baking Sheet Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I switched over to oven gloves from oven mitts. I've never liked potholders. I love the gloves. Being able to use my fingers is Wonderfull. In the photo below, the red dots are silicone. They grip well. I have another pair in the garage for my outdoor cooking.

View attachment 68642

CD
I have definitely thought about those. I mean for the dexterity and everything they can't be beat. I may get some of those too! I think the advantage to those would be if you were removing a sheet pan you wouldn't stick the pot holder into the food. I mean I need to have spares anyway

After reading recommendations for half sheet pans and almost deciding to get a metal instead of non-stick one, I went with my gut and bought an Analon non-stick because 1) I had my non-stick sheet pan for decades before it finally wore out from putting foil on it and 2) this particular pan has a grip added to it on the long side so it will be easier to take out of the oven. Especially for me because I have fully torn rotator cuff. While I was at it I ordered new pot holders so I can just throw away the two old ones. I hesitate to mention that I have a drawer full of crocheted potholders, but I prefer to use those as trivets so I don't accidentally burn myself through one of the holes. I like the potholders with a pocket. But it is true some of them can be too thin or the stuffing can move around so you have to know when to let It go.
if one reads the info / instructions on such products, one will see statements like "good for up to xxx degrees"

putting a 450 degree 'okay pan' in a 500 degree oven . . . oops!
putting foil on a pan can increase the radiant heat temps experience.

as my personal rule goes . . . I do not expose a "non-stick at some temp" pan/pot/sheet to anything that can/may approach those "max" temps.

they know what they're talking about - ignoring their advice . . . well , , , not likely to work out.

I have a pair of solid silicone gloves which I cannot recommend. They are slippery and stiff, very difficult to put on unless you keep them well dusted with corn starch. I use them more as oven pads, but not much. I have an old burnt edged pads I use the most.

My DIL has those gloves casey and I really like them. Fast to put on, not stiff and not slippery. Big endorsement from me on those too!

Yeah, the solid silicone gloves are very hard to use. I also really like my oven gloves.

CD

if one reads the info / instructions on such products, one will see statements like "good for up to xxx degrees"

putting a 450 degree 'okay pan' in a 500 degree oven . . . oops!
putting foil on a pan can increase the radiant heat temps experience.

as my personal rule goes . . . I do not expose a "non-stick at some temp" pan/pot/sheet to anything that can/may approach those "max" temps.

they know what they're talking about - ignoring their advice . . . well , , , not likely to work out.
The one I just got goes up to 450, but then what if you need to put it on broil for 2 minutes? I guess you just open the door because I always open the door on broil.
That one I ended up getting is kind of heavy but the main issue with it is it is not steep sided enough for most purposes. Not sure what I'm going to do about that. But I may have to return it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom