Vinegar in beans chili?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
tomorrow i'm making beans chili

as long as i put tomato paste i don't need to add vinegar? otherwise it may be too sour?

tnx

I used to make chili with meat and beans and not use vinegar. I still make chili beans but no vinegar. Even though I'm a fan of AC vinegar in many things.

I've had the vinegar in chili before - just a couple of tb added early in the recipe, so the taste doesn't really linger in the final chili, after all that cooking. Another chili type thing, that almost always has vinegar, and added at the very end, which I was skeptical about, at first, is Cuban Black Beans. But it turns out good, even added very late, and I'm not a big fan of adding vinegar to things like this, though I do like hot and sour soup.

You'll just need to taste and decide.
I find most tomato paste sweet...

I use a little cider vinegar in my chili, maybe a Tbsp.

We also add a little red wine vinegar to Cuban black beans.

You can't taste the vinegar in either per se, but you notice if it's not there.

I have several recipes for chili and one for chili beans. None of them use vinegar. Vinegar would make it even more sour. If you think it's sour, add a sweetener, evaportated cane juice or agave maybe.

I often finish food with vinegar or citrus. A little makes a surprising difference. And you don't have to us as much salt.

didnt added the vinegar

added beef patties at the end

Attachments

• 22db4a0b-8391-48bf-8267-9d73a2de6bb9.jpeg
    22db4a0b-8391-48bf-8267-9d73a2de6bb9.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom