Unconventional pizza toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like I am the only one that likes anchovies?
I'm sure you're not the ONLY one. But truth be told, I've never known one person that likes them. Well, no, I take that back. My dad liked them. He also loved fried smelts. As a kid, I would literally sit there with a snarl on my face watching him eat those things :ROFLMAO:

It sounds like I am the only one that likes anchovies?
I like anchovies. I just don't like a pizza covered in them. That one time I tried a pizza with anchovies, I think the resto put an entire, little can of them on that one pizza. It was probably an extra large pizza because, I remember that I had it with a number of friends.

Yes, that's right, it's classed as a mollusco just like squid, calamari.

I speak Sicilian, not Italian, but I would read that as a (green) salad with octopus and potato (insalata virdi cu polpu e patata), not a potato salad with octopus (Insalata di polpo cu patata).

Something like this:
natallyanaumava220500003.jpg

Not like this:

1729365361800.png

I LUV anchovies on pizza. When I was a kid, we usually had pizza on Fridays and on Christmas eve. No meat on Fridays back then, and if you were going to take communion at midnight mass, no meat beforehand. Now I order anchovy and banana pepper pizza from Papa Johns because they are the only pizza place that still has them. I also buy frozen 5 cheese rising crust pizzas from the grocery store and add anchovies and pepperoncini. Since I have lived in California I have only found three people who would split an anchovy pizza, and they were all Pilipinos! My ex-wife called anchovies bagoong isda.

I don't know how unconventional it is, but I used to love shrimp and mushrooms together. Haven't had it in a long time. I don't like chicken, teriyaki anything, or pineapple on my pizza, but that is just my opinion and not meant to bash.

I've had anchovies on pizza and don't care for it at all. I've had them in Caesar salad and it's delicious. I've had whole anchovies from a tin on crackers and they were OK but they're not anything I'd ask for again. Anchovies add flavor and are an umami trigger.

I speak Sicilian, not Italian, but I would read that as a (green) salad with octopus and potato (insalata virdi cu polpu e patata), not a potato salad with octopus (Insalata di polpo cu patata).

Something like this:
natallyanaumava220500003.jpg

Not like this:

View attachment 71121

All regions have their own versions. For my picture, I just chose a basic, typical recipe from Google. I don't see any green salad in that one🤔.
We would make the Napoletan version, 'u purp che patan' with no lettuce :

Attachments

• imagesCAC43ENH.jpg
    imagesCAC43ENH.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom