Tuesday evening eats - what did you have on the 15th of October, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I was starving so I started with a snack. I was also pooped out from unloading, weighing, recording, and putting away the stuff that was delivered in my weekly basket (produce and lots of other locally raised / produced stuff). The snack was a smørrebrød, (Danish style, open-faced sandwich) of sliced, hard cooked egg and some small shrimp. Later, after resting a bit, I had a duck egg, a couple of large breakfast sausages, and some toasted rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread). I also had a salad of mizuna, celery (rib and leaves), shaved red onion, feta, dressed with my batch vinaigrette and some garlic marinated olives. I only took pictures of the smørrebrød.
2024-10-15 egg and shrimp on rugbrød appetizer.jpg

Last edited:
Happy National Cheese Curd Day

I made some lefse with sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, and WW flour. I put some filling on them and rolled them up like taquitos. Served with warm tomato mushroom sauce. The filling was cooked down squash, onions, 3 color bell peppers, vegan italian sausage. Delicious.
PB coconut bars for dessert.

KFC and snacks.

We spent several hours in the ER today. Had to go to Miami and had to stop at a gas station while there. Craig managed to trip and fall, going down on both knees and face planting. Skin on both knees was messed up and bloody, and I was worried about rods and plates from his spiral fractures 4 years ago this month that are anchored close to his knee. And, most importantly, he had bloody abrasions in a semicircle around 1 eye, and bridge of nose, with some blood in his left nostril as well. I didn't see him fall, but someone else did and told me his head hit the ground. He also wasn't able to get up on his own. I had to get a nice young man to help me get him up after i paid for stuff to craft makeshift icebags, and help me get him in the car. So, I made him go even though he didn't want to. CT scans were fine of head and neck, and x-ray of knee, so they cleaned up and dressed his wounds, and sent him home. He's not a happy camper tonight because he's developed aches and pains pretty much everywhere. He's going to be hurting tomorrow.

He's been stumbling more often the last couple of months, enough so that I was going to mention to his GP next time we see him. He said he fell because he didn't realize there was a step down. Thing is though, he had to have stepped up within the last 30 seconds or so of when he fell, so ...

KFC and snacks.

We spent several hours in the ER today. Had to go to Miami and had to stop at a gas station while there. Craig managed to trip and fall, going down on both knees and face planting. Skin on both knees was messed up and bloody, and I was worried about rods and plates from his spiral fractures 4 years ago this month that are anchored close to his knee. And, most importantly, he had bloody abrasions in a semicircle around 1 eye, and bridge of nose, with some blood in his left nostril as well. I didn't see him fall, but someone else did and told me his head hit the ground. He also wasn't able to get up on his own. I had to get a nice young man to help me get him up after i paid for stuff to craft makeshift icebags, and help me get him in the car. So, I made him go even though he didn't want to. CT scans were fine of head and neck, and x-ray of knee, so they cleaned up and dressed his wounds, and sent him home. He's not a happy camper tonight because he's developed aches and pains pretty much everywhere. He's going to be hurting tomorrow.

He's been stumbling more often the last couple of months, enough so that I was going to mention to his GP next time we see him. He said he fell because he didn't realize there was a step down. Thing is though, he had to have stepped up within the last 30 seconds or so of when he fell, so ...
Glad to hear that Craig’s injuries are mostly superficial.

Definitely mention it to his PCP.

I’m not sure how best to prevent these things from happening.

My first thought was a rollator but I’m not sure that would have helped in this situation.

🤗

I was starving so I started with a snack. I was also pooped out from unloading, weighing, recording, and putting away the stuff that was delivered in my weekly basket (produce and lots of other locally raised / produced stuff). The snack was a smørrebrød, (Danish style, open-faced sandwich) of sliced, hard cooked egg and some small shrimp. Later, after resting a bit, I had a duck egg, a couple of large breakfast sausages, and some toasted rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread). I also had a salad of mizuna, celery (rib and leaves), shaved red onion, feta, dressed with my batch vinaigrette and some garlic marinated olives. I only took pictures of the smørrebrød.
View attachment 71087

Your foods remind me of IKEA furniture. ;)

CD

Have you ever been to the airport in Keflavik, Iceland? Talk about feeling like you are surrounded by Ikea furniture.

I have only been to Reykjavík in Iceland. It was in 1978, so I don't remember the decor. I remember the people were very nice, and very eager to try to sell me souvenirs. :ROFLMAO:

CD

I have only been to Reykjavík in Iceland. It was in 1978, so I don't remember the decor. I remember the people were very nice, and very eager to try to sell me souvenirs. :ROFLMAO:

CD
Was the main international airport in Reykjavik back then? To me the decor wasn't striking until Stirling (my late husband) pointed it out. But, I am Scandinavian and have lived in Scandinavia, so it was just Nordic modern to me.

Freezer Suprise. 2 stuffed peppers. Very tasty, not the peppers so much but the filling certainly was. Have 2 more still in the freezer and looking forward to.
Had some extra rice l/o so popped that around the peppers and spread the last of a mushroom gravy over. Have enough left for a partial snack/lunch.

We were out and about in the early afternoon so I suggested stopping at McDonald's. I wanted to try the chicken big mac. It was awful but the fries were worth the trip.

But that wasn't dinner, I had a meatloaf sandwich, chips and pickles.

Glad to hear that Craig’s injuries are mostly superficial.

Definitely mention it to his PCP.

I’m not sure how best to prevent these things from happening.

My first thought was a rollator but I’m not sure that would have helped in this situation.

🤗
Oh, he'd fight a walker for sure. He couldn't wait to get rid of the one he used for a  very short time after he got out of the wheelchair 4 years ago after his broken leg.

What would help would be for him to pay attention to his surroundings, but he doesn't seem to have very much spatial awareness since the stroke 4 years ago, so has to be reminded, which I do when I'm present and there is an uneven surface. But, there are also some balance issues going on as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom