Tuesday dinner, November 7, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Homemade tamales. Corn, roasted poblano peppers, and Oaxaca cheese, with a poblano, tomatillo salsa. Craig had roasted chicken with red chile salsa and Oaxaca cheese, with the red chile salsa on top. I have to finish them tomorrow. I made a large batch, 15 of mine, and I made 6 for Craig tonight before I gave up. There will be at least 15 total for Craig, I just got tired of making them tonight. They'll get portioned and frozen for future easy meals.
20231107_185252.jpg

Today was produce basket delivery day. The baskets showed up at 09:25. I am not a morning person. Also, I hadn't had enough sleep. I was exhausted.

We had the rest of the "millionbøf" that I made on Sunday along with the potatoes and salad that was left. We also had pickles and syltede rødbeder (Danish style pickled beets that I pickled a couple of weeks ago.) I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I had a meal sized salad with extra garlic and ginger added to caesar dressing. Cooked tempeh sticks, eaten out of hand. Black bean brownie with dried cherries.

I made a batch of bulgogi sauce from a recipe a friend sent me. I've never made it before. It's almost a paste. We'll have it with rice and tempeh and veggies for a meal tomorrow.

Since I haven't gone to the store yet this month, I didn't have much left in the freezer. Just some hamburger and a couple of chicken breasts. I did have some ham in the fridge, though (no bread or I'd have made a ham sandwich), so I decide to try a very simple recipe for Cordon Bleu. It's supposed to use Gruyere cheese and Dijon mustard. Well, all I had was honey mustard and Swiss cheese, so I used that. Honey mustard on the chicken and then sprinkled with breadcrumbs on one side, and a slice of ham and Swiss on the inside, rolled up and baked. I wanted biscuits so I opted to try Bisquick with milk, except I didn't have any milk and the cream was definitely off. So water it was and those weren't half bad either. The only thing I didn't like was trying to spread hard butter on biscuits that crumbled when I looked at them. DIdn't stop me from eating them, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom