Today, 5-12, is National Nutty Fudge Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Master Chef
I normally only make these kind of things to take somewhere (otherwise, I eat them all), but after seeing this day mentioned, I got a craving for it, and I had to make some! This one was an unusual batch, that I made up out of a cream cheese fudge brownie recipe, but the nutty part this time was peanuts. I put 4½ oz (the ½ oz was just an extra piece with the rest) unsweetened chocolate in the oven to melt (with just the pilot light), and took 8 oz of cream cheese out of the fridge to soften. 4 c 10x was the sugar used - about a cup beaten with the cream cheese, to start out, then beat in the melted chocolate. 8 oz unsalted peanuts I ground to a paste (couldn't really make a peanut butter, without using more in the Vitamix), with some of the powdered sugar - had some bits of peanuts in it, but not like "chunky" bits. I added 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp fine salt (the kind I use in bread), and added the peanut paste and remaining sugar, and beat a few minutes, and scraped into a 9x9 pan, pressing into the pan firmly. It was oily, so I blotted a bunch of the oil off, with a Bounty. I put it outside to chill (52° on my back porch then, and getting cooler!). Haven't cut them yet, but there are always scraps with these things, and it is good!
The 8 oz cream cheese, beaten smooth with about 2 c of the powdered sugar. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

4 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted, and beat into the cheese, with 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp fine salt. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

8 oz unsalted peanuts, ground to almost a smooth paste, with some of the sugar added, then added to the rest of the sugar, to mix with the cream cheese. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished fudge, a little oily, from the peanuts, as well as all that oil from the cheese and the chocolate. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I will end up eating most of these, but, like brownies, I'll freeze most of them, wrapped in 2 piece batches. I won't feel so guilty this way. As long as I don't go down and keep getting them all the first couple nights. :LOL:

A mom could make a meal of it!
Thanks @birthdaygirl. (taxy) For the rest of the year we'll call you the birthday girl.

I controlled my desires very well, considering what I was dealing with! I cut it into 30 pieces, and put 28 of them into small pieces of foil, in pairs, and kept 2 out to eat now! Actually, I only ate one, and put the other into a piece of foil, and I put that in the freezer in the fridge, and I'll eat that tomorrow - I'll see if it's edible frozen.

I'm glad I only ate that one after I had all those others ready for the freezer. I might not have been able to resist as well. ;)
The cream cheese peanut fudge, cut up, ready to go into the freezer. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom