Tipping when 20% tip is already (and openly) added to the bill.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should remember to find out if there is a discount for cash. I used to feel more resentment at the fact that cash customers help subsidize the credit card purchases. But, now that there are so few cash purchases, I note that the same benefits to the store as Aunt Bea mentioned. Stores and businesses don't have as much hard cash at the end of the day. I can assure you, there are times when it can be scary to make that deposit at the bank after dark. You stand there fiddling with the key and the cash bag long enough that passersby easily know what you are doing. It can feel like you are inviting crooks to grab that bag. And, the banks charge the store for those deposits. Well, they used to. I haven't had a commercial account in nearly 10 years, so I don't know if they still do that.

I keep cash at home and in my wallet. Not often, but once in a while it's handy. I keep a stash of fives in my entré. I use those for tipping on deliveries when it is warranted. Most grocery deliveries I tip.

Speaking of discounts, don't forget to ask if the store offers a senior discount. I was at a local business some years ago and as I was paying I asked if they offered a senior discount. The owner was standing right there and said she had been thinking about it. I suggested 25% ;-)) she said 10%. Now every senior gets a discount.

Also some stores have specific days for seniors - Bulk Barn has 10% on Wednesdays for seniors - guess when I'm buying the gingerbread house candy!

Also some stores have specific days for seniors - Bulk Barn has 10% on Wednesdays for seniors - guess when I'm buying the gingerbread house candy!
The Bay has one. I think it's the first Tuesday of the month. I'm pretty sure you have to be signed up for HBC points or whatever they call them.

Back
Top Bottom