Thursday Dec 28 2017 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
We're all still eating tonight, right?

I made a grilled scrambled egg sammie complete with diced green onions, cheddar and jalapeno on sour dough toast. All because some breakfast sausage links in the freezer were starting to look freezer burn. Can't have that, so cooked and served some of those on the side.

I made a slow cooker meal billed as Indian Style Chicken. Not sure how this qualifies, but I made it because it incorporated skinless chicken thighs, dried apricots, and cinnamon, which I thought might be an interesting change for us. I cut back on the apricots, but it was still pretty sweet. I'll do it again, but with still fewer apricots. It was served over white basmati rice, with a side of nuked broc.

I made a slow cooker meal billed as Indian Style Chicken. Not sure how this qualifies, but I made it because it incorporated skinless chicken thighs, dried apricots, and cinnamon, which I thought might be an interesting change for us. I cut back on the apricots, but it was still pretty sweet. I'll do it again, but with still fewer apricots. It was served over white basmati rice, with a side of nuked broc.

Could you please give me a link to that recipe 10speed? I recently made a chicky thigh recipe with apricots and green olives. We loved it.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/exotic-epic-chicken-stew-99214.html

Tonight I'm doing easy peasy TJ's orange chicken with tri colored bell peppers and green onions, over Jasmine rice.

Last edited:
We just had our final guest of the holidays come and go today. That makes 22 visitors since Sunday, half of them staying over at least 1 night.. DW really went all out with the cleaning, decorating, cooking, more cleaning, and more cooking all week. I think I'll keep her around a little while longer. :angel:

Tonight was her fantastic chicken parm and bucatini, with a salad and toasted baguette.

Since I have to work 65 of the next 80 hours, I suggested to DW that she send the boy to someone' else's house and go shopping this weekend, or at least just kick back and order take-out/delivery.

Since it is about as cold as it is going to get this winter in Dallas, I used the leftover ham-bone and made some ham and bean soup today.

Great Northern beans. I used the cajun trinity for veggies -- onions, bell pepper and celery. Ham, or course -- on the bone. Salt, white pepper, garlic and a pinch of herbes de Provence for seasoning. Some hot sauce for serving.

CD

Attachments

• BeanSoup2017.jpg
    BeanSoup2017.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Just like home, we cleaned out leftovers. Had our pickin's between spinach salad with cranberries and walnuts (Himself finished what I left from breakfast - pretty good with the addition of a hard-cooked egg and French feta cheese), a slice of pizza, beef stroganof, Chinese, kielbasa and sauerkraut. Too much food, since no one touched the kielbasa/kraut, and about 2/3 of the Chinese is still here.

We just had our final guest of the holidays come and go today. That makes 22 visitors since Sunday, half of them staying over at least 1 night...
Does that 22 include the "Emotional Support Dog" that is basically a pet? I've been wondering how your own menagerie endured the onslaught. Hope things went much better than you had anticipated.

Just like home, we cleaned out leftovers. Had our pickin's between spinach salad with cranberries and walnuts (Himself finished what I left from breakfast - pretty good with the addition of a hard-cooked egg and French feta cheese), a slice of pizza, beef stroganof, Chinese, kielbasa and sauerkraut. Too much food, since no one touched the kielbasa/kraut, and about 2/3 of the Chinese is still here.

Does that 22 include the "Emotional Support Dog" that is basically a pet? I've been wondering how your own menagerie endured the onslaught. Hope things went much better than you had anticipated.

Lol, actually no. The dog makes 23. It worked out OK as the doggie Gibson was pretty cool.

I mean, it had a skull cracking bark, but he didn't bark much, and he was really cute. We're pet lovers in our house (I asked for a German Shepard pup from the shelter for Christmas, but I guess that'll have to wait another year. Along with a train set and a dolphin pool...)

The weird thing was after Gibson got a chance to play out in the snow for his first time (they live in Florida), my niece made an evil face when DW asked her to keep the wet dog off the couch. The look on her face reminded me of the Twilight Zone episode when the evil kid had mental powers to hurt people.

My niece doesn't need more therapy, or an emotional support animal, but rather a long list of chores that suck. Let her choose how she wants to live. Be a pain in the ass and do crappy chores all day, or behave and enjoy life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom