Sunny Sunday! What's for dinner? 2nd June 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
The sunny weather today (shortlived it appears) inspired me to make one of my summer staples. It's a Greek inspired summer stew of lamb and new potatoes, flavoured with lemon, garlic and oregano. Some feta and parsley on top and served at what I would call "blood" temperature.

Greek Style Lamb Stew.jpg

Stir fry (steamed) of orange bell peppers, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and some soy curls in a seasoned corn starch glaze. Served over the last of the veggie rice and some grain mix.
Black bean brownies for dessert.

I cooked a pork chop Lyonnaise. It's such an easy dish and very tasty. I should make that more often. I baked some asparagus and added that to the asparagus and herbs salad. It was better with more asparagus. I also made home fries to go with the pork chop. The Danish recipe for the pork chop Lyonnaise said to serve it with "brasede kartofler", so I did and it worked well. Okay, the recipe also said to serve with a green salad, but I wasn't really in the mood to make a green salad. My salad was green enough. In the picture, the pork chop is under the chopped shallot and sauce.

Pork chop Lyonnaise, asparagus and herbs salad, home fries..jpg

Back
Top Bottom