Should I replace my chipped roasting pan lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, you can give that broiler pan a feel. You will notice the difference between that sort of pan and Le Creuset immediately.

I don't use my cast iron for broiling (on the rare occasion that I broil anything). I have hotel sheet pans from the restaurant supply store for that.

CD

I don't use my cast iron for broiling (on the rare occasion that I broil anything). I have hotel sheet pans from the restaurant supply store for that.

CD
I didn't think you used your Le Creuset for broiling. I just meant that if you felt that granite ware broiler pan, you would feel how much thinner the metal and the porcelain coating is. Of course, if you got rid of it, you won't be able to feel that.

I didn't think you used your Le Creuset for broiling. I just meant that if you felt that granite ware broiler pan, you would feel how much thinner the metal and the porcelain coating is. Of course, if you got rid of it, you won't be able to feel that.

Oh, I thought you were saying that it works better for broiling. I do still have the broiler that came with the oven, and it will go with the house if/when I sell it. I can see how it would be easy to chip, and how the flexibility of the steel would facilitate some flaking.

CD

Back
Top Bottom