Granite frying pans have changed my life...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh, I understand. Yes, the middle core of your pan is aluminum but the outer layer is steel and whatever the inner "granite" is composed of. Actually that's how they describe the larger steel plate I have. And it works very well with my aluminum pans - thankfully! I hate having to return things.

All my stainless steel pans work very well on the induction - no problem. Only one that doesn't is a large, heavy and beautiful, 12-13" pan that has a copper base. Loved that pan! Gave it to my DIL for use on her gas stove top.

I can't find details of the others, but as I say, neither company sells on eBay now. They don't give much description of what the items are made from - just say aluminium but obviously there must be more than just that, and I'm more than satisfied.

No doubt I could find similar here, but in my situation I am obviously unable to go into town and start hunting around for what I want, and I think that what I paid was well worth it, as they are excellent quality. Much better quality than my stainless steel ones were, and they were far from cheap.

Totally agree Phaedra - if it works, don't worry about what it is. and another favourite of mine is "If it ain't broke - don't fix it"

Back
Top Bottom