Granite frying pans have changed my life...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErikErikErik

Assistant Cook
Hey, cooking lovers!

I hope you all are having an amazing day and are creating some delicious memories in your kitchens. Today, I just wanted to gush about something that has transformed my cooking experience in ways I never thought possible: my granite frying pan!

Ever since I discovered the beauty of granite frying pans, my life in the kitchen has been a breeze. One of the most notable features of these pans is their incredible non-stick performance. I can't tell you how many times I've struggled with stubbornly stuck food, but with my granite pan, those days are long gone! It's such a joy to cook with minimal oil or butter, knowing that my delicate dishes like omelets and crepes will glide off the pan effortlessly.

And if that wasn't enough to win me over, the even heat distribution that granite frying pans provide has been a complete game-changer. I used to have issues with unevenly cooked food, but now, my culinary creations are consistently cooked to perfection. It feels like my stovetop has turned into a gourmet cooking surface overnight, and it's all thanks to my trusty granite pan.

Not only do granite frying pans deliver on performance, but they are also incredibly durable and easy to clean (and boy, am I not too fond of cleaning dishes, my girlfriend would agree). I've always been a bit of a klutz in the kitchen, but my granite pan has withstood the test of time (and my occasional clumsiness). Cleanup has become a cinch too, making my time in the kitchen even more enjoyable.

Lastly, I must mention the aesthetics of these wonderful pans. I have to admit, I'm quite proud to display my granite frying pan on my kitchen countertop. The unique speckled pattern and natural stone look bring a touch of elegance to my cooking space, and I can't help but feel like a true culinary artist every time I reach for it.

If you haven't already, I wholeheartedly recommend giving granite frying pans a try. Their performance, durability, and sheer beauty have made them an indispensable part of my kitchen arsenal, and I'm sure you'll love them just as much as I do. So go on and treat yourself to a culinary game-changer – you deserve it!

Happy cooking, everyone! 🍳

Is there a specific pan thats called granite? I Googled granite frying pan and get several manufacturers.
I have some pans with granite non-stick lining, which I bought for use on my induction hob, but they are no particular make, nor were they very expensive. They are, however, very good quality and the non-stick lining is far better than the usual non-stick Teflon.

I'm sorry - should I not have answered @Roll_Bones? I bought a couple of kadhai pans which have granite non-stick linings, from a company in India that sells them on eBay about a year ago.

Last edited:
This is a picture of one of the Kadhai pans I bought nearly three years years ago - the picture is not very good as I had to enlarge it from the picture on eBay. I cannot take a photo of mine in use as I do not have a camera, so had to use this one. The outside is a matt smooth, and the non-stick lining, which is actually speckled, not a solid colour as it appears, is what they call a granite lining, and does not scratch. The pan itself is heavy aluminium, is used on my induction hob, and I have probably used it more in the time I have had it than any other pan in my life. It came from India and cost ~US$40. Postage free. Size is 24cm diameter across the top.
KADHAI PAN.jpg

I have a "granite" sauce pan. As Phaedra mentioned, the lining is speckled. I have had it for about 18 months I would guess and I have to say it is better than other non-stick pans I have had. By that, I mean it seems tougher. I am debating getting either a ceramic or granite frying pan - standard non-sticks wear out in no time and I am fed up with them.

I have a braiser that seems to be pretty much the same thing as a kadhai/karahi. I wonder if there is an actual difference between a karahi and a braiser. Anyone know?

This is exactly what mine looks like. It's about 10 cm tall without the lid. It is a very handy piece of cookware. It's enamelled cast iron.

d1df40af6a4c0d6b3d5dc0c6b193650e.jpg

Phaedra, your aluminum pan works on the induction plate? Mine don't, I've bought several (different sizes) steel plates that they sell for induction burners to enable non-steel pans to work.

Haven't used them for all type of cooking but so far they are working a treat. I still find boiling water for a poached egg takes forever and I now help it along by boiling the water first in my kettle.

They also work a treat on gas stove tops that have the iron grids too far apart for a small pot to sit safely.

dragn - It was described as an aluminium non-stick granite Kadhai pan, suitable for use on an induction hob. I seem to remember something about the base being triple layered, but as it - and two other pans [more flat-based wok-style shape] that I bought from a different company, also in India - all have coloured outsides, granite non-stick surfaces, and thick bases that are most definitely suitable for use on induction hobs. I cannot get the details up as neither company now sell through eBay. but I seem to remember something about "triple-base" mentioned.

They are heavier than similar sized stainless steel pans, and definitely much heavier and more solid than aluminium pans.

As far as those steel plates that supposedly enable non-magnetic base pans to be used on an induction hob - I bought one and found it useless. So I ended up donating all my stainless steel cookware, none of which worked on the induction hob, to a charitable organisation that gives items to people in need.

Back
Top Bottom