Saturday supper August 20, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We had leftover blueberry pancakes with his (runny) and hers (definitely not runny) eggs and bacon.

What's sup at your place?

20220820_203732.jpg20220820_204931.jpg

Chick'n Broccoli with veggie rice, where the chick'n is soy curls.

oat-fruit cookies with dairy free chocolate chips.

LOL - just shows you how uncreative I am - all your suggestions for supper last night are giving me suggestions for supper tonight!

Last night I had shrimp on the griddle, with bacon'n mushrooms, with rice and tomato chunks making up the balance. All drizzled with a bit of hoisin.

I didn't have a hot dinner, for National Hot and Spicy Day, but definitely a spicy one! I went over to my Indian friend's house, and we had a dinner with a dal, which she made with things from the garden - eggplants, a squash, and tomatoes, and spices, though she doesn't put as many in as I do! I made up for it with a thoran I brought over everything for - like that one with the okra I made a few days ago, but with a bunch of Thai red beans, along with a huge green pepper, cut up to about half inch pieces. This one I put no heat in (the Mom can't eat much heat lately), but I made the coconut/garlic paste, and got the spices I needed for the dish, and cooked it there, in a large CI skillet, which worked great. I also took over one of those green chutneys, made with mint and cilantro, which I left the green chili out of, but separated some, and put some in that, for those of us who needed heat. The son made some roti - a flatbread, in which he put a little nigella and ajwain seed. We had some rice on the side, but nobody even ate any! Definitely filled with spices!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - she opened that pickled melon I made almost a week ago, and loved that, as a side with the dinner. It wasn't hot at all - had some whole black pepper, but that's all. I told her it was something I made using a recipe for watermelon rind, so she could probably make that, and get something similar, instead of waiting to grow this stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom