Saturday night meal on 2024 September 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What did you have to eat tonight?

I had cold smoked trout on a bagel with cream cheese, capers, and onion. I had some coleslaw to go with that. Some days the coleslaw turns out extra yummy and you aren't sure what you did differently. Well, today was one of those days.

2024-09-07 Cold smoked trout on a bagel with cream cheese and coleslaw1.jpg

I made another Cuban sandwich. I forgot the mustard. No big deal, as my Cubanos are not "authentic," anyway. I can't get the proper bread here. I used bolillo rolls, which are in every store here. I also used smoked pork instead of Cuban roast pork, but that is actually a plus for me.

I dialed up the temperature on the panini press, so I got a slightly crispier crust today.

I still have enough pork for a couple more meals. Maybe some pulled pork in a black bean soup over rice?

CD

We went to The Cheesecake Factory. I had baked mushrooms stuffed with fontina, parm, garlic and herbs in a white wine, herb and something else sauce as an appy. Sauce was reddish, but didn't taste like tomatoes, red bell or paprika, and wasn't spicy, so not cayenne. A Cuban sandwich that was actually quite good, better than a local Cuban run hole in the wall place. Ate half of mushrooms and sandwich, breakfast! Brought home a piece of Godiva cheesecake.

Craig had SW egg rolls with pico and guacamole then had meatloaf with mashies and corn. He brought home a piece of Key Lime cheesecake.

I had the Early Bird Special. 2nd meal of the Pork Tenderloin, Potatoes and Zucchini. I had roasted a whole Butternut Squash earlier in the day and add a big scoop of that along side.

I think the pork now needs some sort of gravy. Not sure what kind though, just missing something on it's 2nd go around. Still beautifully moist and tender, guess the balsamic glaze wasn't noticable any more.

We had veggie hash with balsamic ketchup. He had cinnamon toast with whipped honey and others with peanut butter, and a slice of raspberry walnut bread. Cantaloupe and watermelon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom