Saturday, August 24, 2024 - It's my sister's b-day. What did you have to celebrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had semi-leftovers. Steak with corn relish and parsley potatoes. Banana pudding for dessert. What did you have?

20240824_183648.jpg

I couldn't think of how to celebrate Kathleen's sister's birthday but then Mr Bliss to the rescue.
The green beans we planted after the garlic came out is starting to produce. He brought in 2 handfuls for lunch.
I cooked the green beans, added yellow zucchini, and vidalia onion, until the beans were done but still crisp. Added in red, yellow, orange sweet peppers. Sprinkled with a little soy sauce and white and black sesame seeds.
We had it over veggie rice, topping it with diced white and red tomatoes. I added nu-salt and pepper, he had some stir fry sauce on it.

It was good. Happy Birthday Kathleen's sister!

Repeat of last Saturday. Prosciutto di Parma, fresh mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil leaves dressed with oil, vinegar, and spices on seeded semolina Italian bread.

Shopping wears me out. Sandwich and salad is easy.

Too long on my feet today, I wish I could learn to pace out my activities. Farmer's Market (right off the bat my feet were hurting), Hardware Store, Grocery Store. Putting everything away, bring in 2 cases of wine from the garage (3 trips as I can't carry a case - so I divvy it up) Putting everything else away... gahh...

Was thinking of having those 3 small pork medallions but of course knew it wouldn't happen. Couple of chunks of cheddar, followed later by a slice of buttered sourdough bread.

Back
Top Bottom