One minute marination of chicken or other meat strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
I came across this YouTube awhile ago. The FizzGiz starter kit starts at $49. I haven't tried it. The caps they provide fit onto most regular sized 16 oz. soda bottles (and probably bigger plastic bottles). Besides restoring carbonation to soda pop that has gone flat, you can supposedly use this gadget to infuse marinade into meats in a fraction of the time compared to marinating in a bag or bowl. I'm highly tempted to try it as I sometimes don't want to wait hours for the marinade to absorb into meats. Anyways...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMQRSJUFuwM

You can do the same thing with a Food Saver.

Ya, they both work in that they open up the meat to let the marinade in. I used to have a Foodsaver (more than one model). I had to buy an additional square plastic dish with a lid and a turn nozzle on top for vacuuming the air out of that marinating dish. I got into Foodsaver for awhile, then got out of Foodsaver and all that "stuff" to go along with it (that marinating dish for one). It added up over time. The seal on the lid eventually stopped keeping the vacuum.

Kayelle, at $49.00, the FizGiz would be a luxury gadget thingy for me. I dunno tho. With my $19 Handy-Vac for doing all other shrink wrapping, I may consider it worthwhile to buy one, considering the hundred$ I've spent on Foodsavers and extras.

Also, lately I've been pouring away a lot of soda in those large plastic bottles because it goes flat way too soon. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, simple, as in Simple Simon.

The statement that "it would be easier to get it (the chicken strip) into a 3 litre bottle" is totally ludicrous. The gizmo comes with only one screw-on cap which means the neck of the 16oz and 3 litre bottle are the same size!

Yeah, simple, as in Simple Simon.

The statement that "it would be easier to get it (the chicken strip) into a 3 litre bottle" is totally ludicrous. The gizmo comes with only one screw-on cap which means the neck of the 16oz and 3 litre bottle are the same size!

Caps can be bought separately, 3 for $9 (admittedly pricey). The pieces need to be cut rather skinny, but that's about the size I cut flank steak strips into. It looks as if he could have used the end of a wooden spoon to get some of the strips into the bottle. His method made more of the marinade disappear into the meat then my faulty Foodsaver marinating dish. That thing had a turn knob at the top that was given to leaking air at the gasket, as well as the seal going around the outside of the lid leaking. I got rid of my Foodsaver. Too much hassle, too noisy, too bulky, faulty addons, and I often had to use something to raise the "cut to fit" plastic bag (also a hassle) up to the level of the vacuum part. Handi-Vac made my Foodsaver obsolete, and costs a fraction of what the latest Foodmaker costs (a new model every year). The reasonably priced gallon and quart bags made by Ziplock work with the Reynolds $19 Handi-Vac. Oh ya...Foodsaver eventually came out with something similar to Handi-Vac. A hand held vacuum sealer. By the way, those ZipLock quart and gallon bags are useful used as regular storage bags because the plastic is stiffer and won't depart a plastic smell to foods like regular plastic storage bags do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom