No-Bake Pumpkin Pie - sort of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
My favorite holiday is coming up and here is a no-bake sort of pie. I don't make it into a pie - I just put the thing in a small casserole dish but that doesn't mean it can't be pie shaped either.

I make a single crust on the bottom. If you like, you can make double or triple the recipe and make one that goes all around the sides, too. The crust recipe is from Allrecipes.com. It's supposed to be for tarts but Ilike to use it for all my "crust" recipes".

For the crust:
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • Blend butter and cream cheese. Stir in flour just until blended. Chill about 1 hour.
  • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
  • Shape dough into 24 1-inch balls and press into ungreased 1 1/2-inch muffin cups (mini-muffin size) to make a shallow shell.
  • Fill with your favorite filling and bake until shells are light brown, about 20 minutes.

For the bottom part:

Two 8-ounce bricks of cream cheese, softened

2/3 cup of sugar

Vanilla extract to taste

Cream everything together and spread onto the baked crust. It helps to have this a little chilled too, before spreading the pumpkin on it.

Two cans of pumpkin.

Two boxes of instant vanilla pudding

One cup of milk

Nutmeg,cloves, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, or pumpkin pie seasoning to taste.

Mix together and spread over the cream cheese filling. Cover and chill the whole thing before serving.

The cream cheese layer is something I use a lot of. For instance, I'll use it under blueberries or blackberries or even get those premade lemon pudding cups at the store and spread that over the cream cheese. There's lots of uses for it. The ratio is 1/3 cup of sugar to 1 8oz brick of cream cheese.

Add a cup of sugar and three 8oz cream cheese bricks (and some vanilla extract) to 5 eggs, mix together and pour into 2 store bought pie shells. Bake at 325° for about 50 minutes and you've got yourself a cheesecake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom