Monday, Sept 18. Did you eat something special?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
First night in Italy. Pizza, pasta, and wine, of course, at some little outdoor cafe near our hotel.
IMG_2540.jpeg

Now to bed, after spending 24 hours getting here.
IMG_2539.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg

Last edited:
Couldn't have chosen better!

Looking at the ingredients, I was about to ask: "Are you in Umbria?" Then I got a close-up of the writing, and realised I didn't guess exactly, but I was close! It's not too distant.

I'm having the last of the veggie hash w/the last of the zucchini/onion/pepper mix w/the last of the vegetable soup. I wiped out a shelf in the fridge! Mr bliss is having a full meal salad with caesar dressing or tomato dressing. Snacks: dehydrated pineapple or banana or apples.

I'm going to re-purpose some of the l/o rot chicken for Taco Salads...Flour Tortillas baked to a shell (in forms), then I'll layer (freezer) refried beans, Mexican Rice, Chicken (seasoned & reheated with salsa and spices), greens, more salsa as dressing, cheese, sour cream, guac...and it will be dinner! Fun stuff, actually.

I was all set to make something with spinach, but I hadn't decided on what. So, I went downstairs to the kitchen to check on ingredients to make sure I had enough of whatever to make one of several dishes. I found the beet greens. I had forgotten them and they needed a lot of sorting. I decided on a dish that usually uses spinach, but beet greens would likely work. It's a pasta dish with blue cheese, pears, pancetta, and walnuts (I didn't like the walnuts with this so I used pecans. They were inoffensive, but I could hardly taste them. They were good for texture.). I'm sure I have some pancetta in the freezer, but a quick look didn't locate it and I wasn't up for a big hunt. I was going to use some bacon lardons, but I found that I had three packages of lonza, just past their best by date. So, I used one of those. I used organic spelt fusilli as the pasta.
Spelt fusilli with blue cheese sauce with lonza, pears, and beet greens.jpg
Spelt fusilli with blue cheese sauce, lonza, pears, and beet greens again.jpg
Spelt fusilli with blue cheese sauce, lonza, pears, and beet greens.jpg
It turned out really good, like last time. Next time, I'll try pumpkin seeds instead of the walnuts or pecans. We both ate too much.

I had a Wild Boar Sausage for lunch with broccoli 'n cheese and a couple of potato galettes.

So for supper I boiled some water in a measuring cup, added the noodles, cooked those then added the flavour pack which I carefully cut open with scissors. After successfully mixing with my chop sticks and recklessly adding a handful of freshly dehydrated parsley, I took the measuring cup with me to the table. Using a fork and spoon, ate my soup and noodles right out of the measuring cup.

I'm going to re-purpose some of the l/o rot chicken for Taco Salads...Flour Tortillas baked to a shell (in forms), then I'll layer (freezer) refried beans, Mexican Rice, Chicken (seasoned & reheated with salsa and spices), greens, more salsa as dressing, cheese, sour cream, guac...and it will be dinner! Fun stuff, actually.
IMG_7637.jpg
IMG_7641.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom