Mixing two brands of jasmine rice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
if you have two packages of two brands and one is about to get empty, would you mix them together?

i would. if it is high quality rice, why not?

My son likes white rice, we use brown basmati, so when he'd run short, we'd cook them together.
Boil the water, set the timer for 14 minutes, add the brown basmati, then when it goes off, set the timer for 14 more minutes and add the white rice. It was fine.
Do what ya gotta do.

I don't mix things together in the container when I have a small amount, but I'll mix some of the new batch with the old in the pot, when I'm going to cook some. Then I fill the container with the new rice, or whatever it is.

I don't mix things together in the container when I have a small amount, but I'll mix some of the new batch with the old in the pot, when I'm going to cook some. Then I fill the container with the new rice, or whatever it is.
That's the way I do it too. I don't want there to be some of the old stuff left in the container. If I kept just filling new stuff into the container, how would I know when all the old stuff was eventually used up?

I took it, that Seeing to Believe, meant cooking them together. Not topping up the jar/pkg with new. That doesn't make sense, at least not to me, as you say taxy. If, by some peculiar chance, there was something wrong with the old, then it would not be contaminated.

Also, for something like rice, I would not necessarily wash the container, unless I felt it needed to be. I would just refill it.

I took it, that Seeing to Believe, meant cooking them together. Not topping up the jar/pkg with new. That doesn't make sense, at least not to me, as you say taxy. If, by some peculiar chance, there was something wrong with the old, then it would not be contaminated.

Also, for something like rice, I would not necessarily wash the container, unless I felt it needed to be. I would just refill it.
i meant cooking it. yes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom