Marinated Bourbon Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Found this in one of my cookbooks and thought I'd share it:

Marinated Bourbon Steak

1/2 cup bourbon
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 ( 1 inch ) beef top loin strip steaks, trimmed (about 1 1/2 pounds)

*Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours, turning steaks occasionally.

*Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.

*Cook, covered with grill lid, over hot coals (400 degrees to 500 degrees) 8 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the steak registers 160 degrees.

Obtained from Southern Living 1995 Annual Cookbook

My Note: Let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes so the juices redistribute before cutting

Sizz, it must be our time to chat a lot lately! If I can talk hubby into doing this on his grill, I might even make him some scalloped corn to go with it. Any dish calling for bourbon also calls to me!

:LOL: must be. Well cold dreary days keep me huddled up on the couch with a strew of cookbooks around me. I find myself noting which ones I find interesting then later type them up on the computer. Just thought others might find the recipes interesting also.
Hubby has a lap top up here in his computer room.........I thought that would be so much easier for me just to type the recipes as I found them but unfort. it needs a new battery and battery pack I guess. He said that will be his next project. So in the meantime I'll just sit in front of this computer and type away instead of on my comfy couch :cry: Maybe if I pout a little more he'll order it soon :) Heck I think a big dish of scalloped corn should account for something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom