Looking for a Refried Bean Recipe that you have tried and liked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, at first I thought it was the beans on top of the tamales ( which wouldn't be a bad idea) until I looked closer

Yeah, the more I saw the picture when brought back to this thread, the more I thought I needed to clarify that. ;)

I eat a lot of brown food... and like it. :ROFLMAO:

CD

Have you tried using Mayocoba beans or half Mayocoba, half pinto? The Mayocoba have a bit of a buttery taste to them. Or, heck, add some butter.

Maybe your favorite restaurant will share the recipe. :unsure:
I don't think I've ever seen those beans anywhere.

I have the feeling that my favorite restaurants just gets those beans in large cans. Open and serve. Maybe they'll sell me a can.

But today I stopped by there to pick up some refried beans and they were closed. I do have two cans of Rosarita refried beans in the pantry, so it looks like that's what's getting used after all because I'm not driving a 25 mile round trip again tomorrow just to pick up beans.

I don't think I've ever seen those beans anywhere.

I have the feeling that my favorite restaurants just gets those beans in large cans. Open and serve. Maybe they'll sell me a can.

But today I stopped by there to pick up some refried beans and they were closed. I do have two cans of Rosarita refried beans in the pantry, so it looks like that's what's getting used after all because I'm not driving a 25 mile round trip again tomorrow just to pick up beans.
There are a number of U.S. Chef's Store locations up your way. They sell the huge cans of refried beans. Next time I'm there, I'll check to see what brand(s) they might be. Next trip you make to the south, maybe one of the stores will be along your path.

If you go, I highly recommend you check the freezer section for Luigi's Italian Ice...it is wonderful! They have them in push/squeeze up tubes, in just the right size (6 ounces, I believe).

US Chef's store? Now that's a new one.

I'm really ticked because there are a couple of different stores I could be shopping at when I go to Winco. One is Ralph's Red Apple, another is Grocery Outlet, another is Saar's Super Saver and the last is Fred Meyer. The problem I have is that I no longer get their flyers in the mail (QFC doesn't mail a flyer either). The last time I went online to see what all these stores were offering, I needed to make an account and sign up for something or the other to see their sales. I've finally had it with having to make an account for literally everything I want to check out on the internet and so instead, I sent a very pointed message about that under the "Contact Us" portion of their web page.

I also get ticked at the digital sections of Safeway's ads as well. I wonder how much money these stores are losing because of people not buying their sales items (and not paying full price for them either) because they don't want to mess with digital. My phone is good for taking calls and that's it. Why I need to have an app and go digital for a coupon is more than I can understand, but they can take their digital and put it where the sun doesn't shine for all I care. I'm not the one losing anything when I don't buy their food.

OK, rant over. I feel better now.

I've seen the Luigi's Italian Ice in the dollar store. I can't remember if I've ever bought it or not. I love lemon ice but not unless it's a really sharp lemon flavor. Even Haagen Dazs lemon sorbet wasn't that good. But now Safeway has their own brand of sorbet now and their peach, blueberry, and lemon flavors are fantastic.

I've finally had it with having to make an account for literally everything I want to check out on the internet and so instead, I sent a very pointed message about that under the "Contact Us" portion of their web page.

I have a few accounts for companies I buy from regularly. My late dog, Teddy, has a lot of accounts for companies that make me sign-up to access their websites. They have gathered a lot of data on a dog that passed away a few years ago.

CD

Like CD, I have accounts with places that I regularly buy from. But, I draw the line at getting an app to see their ads. Their loyalty program better be frelling good before I'll get an app for that. Mostly, if I can't do it with my computer, I can't be bothered. I don't want my phone loaded down with a bunch of apps that are basically there to sell me stuff. I really don't see how that is more convenient for me and they drain the battery of my phone. I only got the banking app for my phone because it lets me deposit cheques by taking a picture of them, which saves me a trip to the bank.

US Chef's store? Now that's a new one.

I'm really ticked because there are a couple of different stores I could be shopping at when I go to Winco. One is Ralph's Red Apple, another is Grocery Outlet, another is Saar's Super Saver and the last is Fred Meyer. The problem I have is that I no longer get their flyers in the mail (QFC doesn't mail a flyer either). The last time I went online to see what all these stores were offering, I needed to make an account and sign up for something or the other to see their sales. I've finally had it with having to make an account for literally everything I want to check out on the internet and so instead, I sent a very pointed message about that under the "Contact Us" portion of their web page.

I also get ticked at the digital sections of Safeway's ads as well. I wonder how much money these stores are losing because of people not buying their sales items (and not paying full price for them either) because they don't want to mess with digital. My phone is good for taking calls and that's it. Why I need to have an app and go digital for a coupon is more than I can understand, but they can take their digital and put it where the sun doesn't shine for all I care. I'm not the one losing anything when I don't buy their food.

OK, rant over. I feel better now.

I've seen the Luigi's Italian Ice in the dollar store. I can't remember if I've ever bought it or not. I love lemon ice but not unless it's a really sharp lemon flavor. Even Haagen Dazs lemon sorbet wasn't that good. But now Safeway has their own brand of sorbet now and their peach, blueberry, and lemon flavors are fantastic.
US Chef's store is the latest name for what started out as Smart & Final...then went to Cash & Carry and probably a few other names in between before changing to US chef's store...there are a number of them up in your part of the State. Mostly south and east.

Those apps seem to work for the younger generation but certainly not for me. I have loyalty cards but have none of those things on my phone. I collect loyalty points and they just sit there, unless a cashier suddenly asks me if I want to use them for $10.00 off my bill, then I say sure! But with whatever else they can get me? Have no idea and don't care.
I hate not getting flyers too. I don't like looking things up on the 'net. I have on occasion but I find it extremely annoying and frustrating.

I agree with you, @dragnlaw. That said, I do sometimes order for pickup as it just seems easier than searching the store. Yesterday, I went looking for a specific face cream. Couldn't find it, so when a CSR asked if she could help, I said sure and explained. She said, oh, that's in the cosmetics aisle. I told her I looked and looked. She said, then try the baby aisle. Sigh, not even close...not even 1% helpful. When the cashier asked if we found everything. I said no and she didn't respond. :mad:

Cashier didn't even ask you what you were looking for? Egads, my motto is if you don't want to hear the answer, then don't ask the question.
A question always has more than one answer, guess she failed Common Sense 101 in school.

Back
Top Bottom