Leap day dinner, February 29, 2024, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We've been eating out or getting take out for the last several nights. Tonight was a Tovala meal though. Salisbury meatballs over mashed potatoes, plus I added some steamed broccoli from home to complete the meal. Pretty good meal again. Tovala is batting 1000 so far.
20240229_181827.jpg

Longing for Hawaii (we'll be there soon!) and DH requested this dish

IMG_3699.JPG

Salmon Poke Bowl. (and yes, it is raw fish)
I still have Inamona (ground Kukui Nut), dried Ogo (Seaweed) and Alaea (Hawaiian Red Salt).
I added some Green Onions and this Poke Sauce that I brought back in my suitcase the last time we went home ...

DSC01133.JPG

This stuff is great! I should probably put this on my list of "what to bring back" again.
Keep an eyeball out for another "A Month On Oahu, Hawaii With K~Girl"

Leftovers! Yay, I have time to do real stuff today. Just took a DC pause from washing down the kitchen table and chairs so I can get the area rug up, clean the floor, and plan the next section (sitting area of the great room) from there. I need to remember to post photos of the place from stacks of boxes that covered the back wall to our current almost-in-place great room...

@Rascal, I've heard that superstition as saying "rabbit rabbit rabbit" as your first words of the first day of a new month. Supposedly for good luck. While I don't have bad luck, I want to remember to do that one of these first-day-of-the-month words.

We ordered Lebanese food. A shish taouk platter for me: chicken, bulgur pilaf, roast potatoes, coleslaw, pickled turnips, toum, and harissa. I have noticed a trend that I dislike. The restos used to call it toum, but now often list it as "garlic sauce". Well, yeah, toum is a garlic sauce, but toum is more specific. This stuff was definitely toum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom