Just returned from SoCal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
I just got back from a few days in So Cal - - but I guess I did most of my eating at the L.A. County Fair.

Nice to see this forum here, though. Anybody coming to Vegas soon?

Z! The fair's very very close to my house!

For those of you venturing out to the LA county fair, you'll be delighted if you enjoy fried foods....pickles, chocolate bars, cookies....you name it, they fry it!

jkath said:
Z! The fair's very very close to my house!

I shoulda given you a call and we could have eaten our way through it. It was kinda hard, since neither myself nor E are big eaters... we kinda had to pick and plan. We were wishing we had more people with us so we could have TRIED more things. Seems like everytime you order something they give you quite a bit more than you need (considering there are so many things we wanted to taste).

Is LA county fair the one that encompasses several counties? I went to one a few years back and it was huge. My favorite part, though, was the bunnies. They had so many kinds of "pet" rabbits that were downright gorgeous! Some had the markings of siamese cats. Made me want to adopt them all. People never think of California as being a rural state. I started and finished my school years there, so know better. But it is funny how many people think california is one big city, and it is even more amazing how many people think the east coast is one big city, and really amazing how many people think the rest of the country is something you just fly over to get to a coast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom