ISO help/recipe for making lamb kabobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually marinate for a min of 1 hour in some red wine vinegar, garlic, dried oregano, olive oil, s&p. Sometimes a splash of wine. I usually thread them on skewers along with some red onion. Pretty simple.
Mmmm, I love lamb.

Trim the meat up nicely. Crush 3 or four cloves of garlic into about 1/4 cup of Evoo oil...Make a rub out of paprika, black pepper, ground thyme, and a little ground bay leaf. Rub this into the meat, and brush all sides with the oil.

Make K-bobs alternating slices of lime, onion, fennel, and any other veggies you like with the meat. Grill on a really hot grill about 3 or 4 minutes per side.

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Uncle Bob,

Really intrigued with your combination of slices of lime, onion and fennel. That sounds really good. Think I'm going to have to steal that one from you.

Cheers.

I marinate cubes of lamb with olive oil, onion and garlic ovenight.

I don't mix veggies and meat on the same skewer as they cook at different times.

I grill tomato, green pepper and onion separately and serve that with the lamb and rice pilaf.

I don't mix veggies and meat on the same skewer as they cook at different times.
quote]

Andy, I get around that by steaming or nuking chunks of red and green peppers, and button mushrooms for a minute or two, just to take off the "raw". I then thread them on skewers, alternating them and raw onion chunks, with the meat. That way, the vegs are nicely cooked, charred but not raw, when the meat is done at medium-rare.

I like that kind of presentation.

I do thread cherry tomatoes separately on soaked bamboo skewers.

Lee

hello there Vilasman, You can go to my blog and find the recipe 'Indian-chicken-tikka-kababs-murgh-tikka'. I will also post a Lamb Kababs recipe very soon. The chicken Kabab recipe from my blog is Indian, and its Delicious, you will love it !! :)

I marinate mine in olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, minced garlic (lots of garlic) and chopped onions.

Works great with pork too.

Back
Top Bottom