Is there really nothing new to this forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, there's not a whole lot of news, which is kind of a bummer. We gotta liven up this forum!

For good BBQ discussions, especially competition BBQ discussions, you really need to go to dedicated BBQ forums. None of the general food/cooking forums I am familiar with have a lot of BBQ postings, and I have found that competition BBQ folks want nothing to do with us "amateurs." We're not worthy.

CD

OK, there yuh go Sweetbun, start the ball rolling!
Have you got a new and different recipe for everyone? Not too complicated with a gazillion ingredients, not too much cooking with this heat wave many of us are experiences, popular but still different.

What's it gonna be? A savoury, a sweet?

OK, there yuh go Sweetbun, start the ball rolling!
Have you got a new and different recipe for everyone? Not too complicated with a gazillion ingredients, not too much cooking with this heat wave many of us are experiences, popular but still different.

What's it gonna be? A savoury, a sweet?

Kloeshuman, Sweetbun, I have three charcoal grills, a gas grill, and a pellet smoker, so I'm always interested in a new outdoor cooking idea.

CD

I saw this @Kloeshuman and thought of your thread here.
Wisconsin Rib Fest!
Starting July 10th.

Come join us in 2024 for 5 days of unbelievably delicious, mouthwatering barbecue and high quality entertainment located on the beautiful Walworth County Fairgrounds. This event features world renowned professional BBQ champions, a back yard grillers competition, great entertainment, an artisan village and so much more. Not only will you experience some of the best BBQ in the world, but there will be other fun enriching experiences. After you have had your fill of food, kick back and enjoy some live music and a cold beer or two. And don't forget about the carnival rides!​

We also have a yearly Rib Fest in Waterdown, this very weekend. (July 1st celelbrations)
I drove past the park the other day while they were setting up. Couldn't believe they the number of huge trailers for BBQ - there's other stuff as well of course, activities, etc. Huge family event.
Southern Ontario, has Rib Fest all over the place. I'm assuming it's pretty much the same trailers going to each Fest.
I've never been to one, sad, eh? But I'm not sure I can do the crowds much less the walking.
I might just go and get some ribs and cook them for myself - again. I'm guessing one of the stores must have them on special somewhere.

I just put a pork butt on the rotisserie with smoke boxes. Not very professional, but it should be tasty in a few hours.

20240630_104233.jpg

We also have a yearly Rib Fest in Waterdown, this very weekend. (July 1st celelbrations)
I drove past the park the other day while they were setting up. Couldn't believe they the number of huge trailers for BBQ - there's other stuff as well of course, activities, etc. Huge family event.
Southern Ontario, has Rib Fest all over the place. I'm assuming it's pretty much the same trailers going to each Fest.
I've never been to one, sad, eh? But I'm not sure I can do the crowds much less the walking.
I might just go and get some ribs and cook them for myself - again. I'm guessing one of the stores must have them on special somewhere.
I have been to the one in Cornwall a couple of times. It didn't involve that much walking, though I had been concerned. I think it probably is the same vans for the rib festivals all over Southern Ontario.

Yes, very likely the same people, taxy - But it is also the crowds not to mention parking! So as much as I would love to go - think I'll just pass and live vicariously.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom