Grilled Mushroom Pizza with Prosciutto and Roasted Red Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Grilled Mushroom Pizza with Prosciutto and Roasted Red Peppers

Servings: 6

1 10 ounce (about 12 inches) thin, prebaked pizza crust
2 tbs. olive oil
1 pound (about 6 cups) fresh mushrooms of choice, sliced
4 cloves (about 2 tsp) garlic, sliced
1/2 cups shredded parmesan (or mozzarella) cheese, divided
2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma, cut in pieces
1/2 cup (from 7 ounce jar) roasted red pepper, cut in strips
1 large green onion, cut lengthwise in half and crosswise in 1-inch pieces
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning

Preheat outdoor grill or broiler until hot. Place pizza crust on a rack with the top side facing the heat. Grill until toasted, about 5 minutes & remove.

In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the Parmesan evenly over pizza crust. Top with mushrooms, scatter prosciutto and roasted peppers over mushrooms.

Sprinkle with green onion, black pepper, Italian seasoning and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Grill or broil until hot, about 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.

DH loves proscuitto & red peppers--thanks!

Mish, I saw a recipe that screamed our names yesterday! As soon as I have a chance I'll post it!:)

YW, PA :) Sometimes you just gotta have a pizza! I like the recipe because I don't think you can order a grilled pie with roasted peppers & proscuitto. Mmmmm.

I'm sooo curious... can't wait to see the PAMish dish :chef:

Argh, download interruptous. Thought of you as well this AM PA, as I was going thru my dessert/bread files. If you're interested in any of these, let me know:

Espresso Mascarpone icebox cake
Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate
Hot Chocolate Souffle
Lemon Tea Bread w Lemon Glaze and Orange Cream Cheese

to name a few, lol.

Last edited:
This may be the best one you've posted yet!
I'll have to try it when Paulie goes hunting next year.
The silly man doesn't like mushrooms or green peppers... go figure.

Thanks!

OM gosh does that sound amazing!!! Adding green onion to my pizzas is a favourite trick, sometimes I even dice it very fine and add it to the tomato (pizza) sauce.

mish said:
Lemon Tea Bread w Lemon Glaze and Orange Cream Cheese

to name a few, lol.

I have the others but I NEED to have the recipe for the tea bread!:LOL:

The PAMish dessert is posted in cakes!

PA Baker said:
DH loves proscuitto & red peppers--thanks!

Mish, I saw a recipe that screamed our names yesterday! As soon as I have a chance I'll post it!:)

YW, PA. I saw it & I'm screaming :LOL: YUMMY!!! The MishPA recipe is on the way.

Alix, I'm on my way. Thank you. :)

TY, pds. We'll have to come up with a venison pizza for him. :LOL:

TY, Piccolina. I'm craving a pizza too about now. I must remember to add some green onions. :) Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Ooooo, green onions! Anyone ever slice garlic paper thin and put it all over the tomato base? Killer good!

Alix said:
Ooooo, green onions! Anyone ever slice garlic paper thin and put it all over the tomato base? Killer good!

Making out the shopping list now, Alix. One Elephant garlic and one Listerine :LOL: Kewl, two new tips for da pie. TY! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom