Roasted potatoes with pesto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I have an overload of potatoes and some left over pesto, so I decided to be creative.
- I took about 4 cups of the really tiny potatoes that I usually dont have much used for, and build them until fork tender. I allowed them to dry and cut most in 1/2 ( except the really small ones).
- Tossed the already cooked potatoes in oil and salt, with a few bruised garlic cloves, placed on a parchment lined pan and roasted them for about 35 minutes, flipping and rotating halfway.
- Once the they finished roasting, I put them in a large container, along with the pesto, covered and shook/ rolled the container until all the potatoes were. evenly coated with the pesto.
- Pretty simple, tasted good, and a great way to get rid of things that otherwise would have rotted or sprouted.

Attachments

• potato 1.png
    potato 1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • Potato 2.png
    Potato 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Potato 3.png
    Potato 3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
I have an overload of potatoes and some left over pesto, so I decided to be creative.
- I took about 4 cups of the really tiny potatoes that I usually dont have much used for, and build them until fork tender. I allowed them to dry and cut most in 1/2 ( except the really small ones).
- Tossed the already cooked potatoes in oil and salt, with a few bruised garlic cloves, placed on a parchment lined pan and roasted them for about 35 minutes, flipping and rotating halfway.
- Once the they finished roasting, I put them in a large container, along with the pesto, covered and shook/ rolled the container until all the potatoes were. evenly coated with the pesto.
- Pretty simple, tasted good, and a great way to get rid of things that otherwise would have rotted or sprouted.

Looks good. Will try this summer. We grow basil as well.

Russ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom