Fried Corn Corn On The Cob Kernels;

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy15

Cook
My Favorite Fried Corn On The Cob Kernels:

I used a package of “refrigerated” corn on the cob from the grocery store, there were 4 corn cobs in the package.

I still used my bundt pan and I put an ear of corn in the hole and sliced the kernels off and they went into the bundt pan. We weren’t going to eat until later, so I put the kernels of corn in a container and refrigerated them until it was time to make it.

When it was time to make it, I melted 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and added the corn kernels, seasoned with salt and pepper and let them cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. It was good!

Attachments

• IMG_4608.png
    IMG_4608.png
    898.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4609.png
    IMG_4609.png
    1,006 KB · Views: 23
Fried corn was always a favorite breakfast side dish.

We used leftover corn on the cob and prepared it very similar to your method.

Sometimes we added a sprinkle of sugar.

Fried fresh corn is one of the best things ever. My mom used to make creamed corn as well. And something else I remember her making is a dish she called "corn souffle", where she would mix creamed corn with beaten egg and crushed saltine crackers (as well as salt & pepper) and bake it in the oven until puffy and golden brown on top.

Man was that good.

Fried corn is a great memory. I cannot find the starchy corn my grandmother grew, so it's not the same result. But it is still yummy to me with the sweet corn grown around here.

Summer's were strictly for corn on the cob. Winter's were always corn souffle made with canned cream of corn and also plain corn (from the can). I'm pretty sure mom always added an extra can of plain corn to the creamed corn.

Fried fresh corn is one of the best things ever. My mom used to make creamed corn as well. And something else I remember her making is a dish she called "corn souffle", where she would mix creamed corn with beaten egg and crushed saltine crackers (as well as salt & pepper) and bake it in the oven until puffy and golden brown on top.

Man was that good.
Thank you for reminding me of that! My mom used to make it that way and I really liked it!

Thank you for reminding me of that! My mom used to make it that way and I really liked it!I just sentyou a message telling you that I found cream style cirnbreciod that hou mentioned and it like my mom used to make I’m not sure if my message sent to giu because I’ve never messaged anyone in here before.

I posted the recipe I found if you want to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom