Friday the 13th, September 2024, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha! I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until I saw your post. Dang.

Tonight I'm making a homemade Hawaiian pizza. Just made the dough and I'll put the rest of it together later when I'm ready to shove it into the oven. I add, of course, diced ham, pineapple, diced green bell pepper (just something I enjoy on Hawaiian pizza) and a light dusting of cinnamon. Then I bake it until yummy!

I seem to be having a klutz day, so I will be very cautious of doing much in the kitchen. All I managed earlier was a glass of milk, which I spilled all over the table and floor. By the time I had cleaned that up, my body was saying, "food now, no cooking, just eat". Since I had already put the other confit chicken leg in the toaster oven (10-15 min), I waited until that was ready. I had the skin and the drumstick. I didn't have anything else with that, no veg, no bread, no nuttin'. I guess I better figure out something simple to get some veg. Maybe a cold cucumber soup or something similar. I'm not in the mood to play around with tomatoes to get rid of seeds. Any other ideas for a something really simple with veg? I might consider making crudités. I have a container of hummus to dip the veg in. But, I'm not sure I want to do that much knife work. As mentioned, I have the klutzings today.

I seem to be having a klutz day, so I will be very cautious of doing much in the kitchen. All I managed earlier was a glass of milk, which I spilled all over the table and floor. By the time I had cleaned that up, my body was saying, "food now, no cooking, just eat". Since I had already put the other confit chicken leg in the toaster oven (10-15 min), I waited until that was ready. I had the skin and the drumstick. I didn't have anything else with that, no veg, no bread, no nuttin'. I guess I better figure out something simple to get some veg. Maybe a cold cucumber soup or something similar. I'm not in the mood to play around with tomatoes to get rid of seeds. Any other ideas for a something really simple with veg? I might consider making crudités. I have a container of hummus to dip the veg in. But, I'm not sure I want to do that much knife work. As mentioned, I have the klutzings today.
Sorry you're having a bad day. I have those too, to where I just want to give up and go to bed.

Your ideas of something simple are way different than mine. I know you're trying to get in some veg, but when I have those days, I say "heck with it" and just fix a sandwich or throw something frozen into the toaster oven. Or maybe heat up a can of soup. I'll get my veg in another time.

I'd definitely stay away from sharp knives. If I'm having a klutzy day, I don't even go there.

Do you have crackers or maybe some pita bread to spread the hummus onto? That would be good with soup.

Sorry you're having a bad day. I have those too, to where I just want to give up and go to bed.

Your ideas of something simple are way different than mine. I know you're trying to get in some veg, but when I have those days, I say "heck with it" and just fix a sandwich or throw something frozen into the toaster oven. Or maybe heat up a can of soup. I'll get my veg in another time.

I'd definitely stay away from sharp knives. If I'm having a klutzy day, I don't even go there.

Do you have crackers or maybe some pita bread to spread the hummus onto? That would be good with soup.
Pita with hummus doesn't really appeal. Neither do crackers. But, soup, now that's a possibility. I don't think I really need something to go with the soup. I did eat that chicken drumstick and some of the thigh meat. I also had some créton on toast earlier.

I'm starting to consider getting one of these knives for days like this.

Pita with hummus doesn't really appeal. Neither do crackers. But, soup, now that's a possibility. I don't think I really need something to go with the soup. I did eat that chicken drumstick and some of the thigh meat. I also had some créton on toast earlier.

I'm starting to consider getting one of these knives for days like this.

I love pitas with hummus. But I always toast the pitas first to get them a little crispy.

Good idea on the knives.

taxy I don't think $22 for a paring knife that you will hate is worth it. Just stay away from knives on those days. Actually you'd be better off getting one of those cutting gloves.
I forgot about the cut resistant gloves. I have some. But, I could still klutz with a chef's knife. I could drop it on the floor or on my foot. Maybe, I'll just stay away from sharp knives altogether on a day like this.

Mongolian Beef with Steamed Jasmine Rice 🫠

IMG_0772.jpeg
IMG_0774.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom