El Toro Cooked Pork help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tfmc

Assistant Cook
Hi guys,
I was checking to see if NE1 on the Forum has any experience with the product listed in the title.
Here is a link to it online.
I am looking for recipes that I can use in chunks. But not your typical pork and rice stuff, or sandwiches.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Can it be shredded? If so, I have a couple of Mexican recipes you might like.

If you're just going to cube it, make a pork stew.

I also have a recipe for Lechon, a Pilipino style pork roast, if you're interested.

Let me know.

Mix your cubed ham with vegies such as cubed carrots, peas or broccoli. Stir it up with a heavy cream sauce, either a free standing dough or in a container. Braided or Pot Pie.

Thanx for all the great ideas!
I am leaning towards the pork stew, maybe in the crockpot?
The pork is already cooked and is seasoned to be used for Cuban sandwiches.
Can I sear the cubes before adding them to the crockpot?
Right now, the 5lb piece I have is frozen solid, the same way I purchased it. I would have to thaw the whole thing because I have no way to cut it frozen. I was thinking, carrots, roughly chopped onions, little whole red and yellow potatoes, and celery.
What else would work with this? Broccoli?
Also what kind of gravy or sauce could I make for this if I used the crockpot since the pork is already seasoned?
I tend to use Better than Bullion to create sauces. They do make a Sofrito seasoning, would that work?
Thanx again
The Fishman

.Broccoli would be nice but add it towards the end of cooking.
BtB also has salt, so with the ham as well, you will have to monitor and taste test.
As you've said, your ham is already cooked, you don't need to slow cook it now. You don't want to leach out the flavours. You can make a gravy/sauce for all.
Do your vegies separately then add to heat thru together. Slowly to let the flavours meld. You an use the crock pot but not for hours on end, and keeping it at a safe temperature.

Because it's already seasoned Cuban style, I would go with sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes and black beans. Maybe even some plantain.

Because the pork is already cooked, I would seriously consider making the gravy from a packet or use pork gravy from a jar.

1729092557063.png
1729092570396.png

I find that just about any root veggie other than beets work well in stew. I like beets, but I wouldn't put them in a stew. They overwhelm both with taste and colour, very easily. Root veggies that I know work well in stew, and I am probably forgetting some: carrots, celeriac (AKA celery root), rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, potatoes, and parsley root.

Last edited:
Mix your cubed ham with vegies such as cubed carrots, peas or broccoli. Stir it up with a heavy cream sauce, either a free standing dough or in a container. Braided or Pot Pie.
This sounds great!
Instead of a crockpot, how about a Dutch oven, with the seared pork cubes and the veggies you mentioned? Now what about the sauce? What recipe for the sauce would you recommend with the seasoned pork? Also, maybe served over white rice?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom