Egging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And now I'm wondering if the pressure was at 120 because, although I don't remember the number, I remember the position of the needle was arund the 120 mark.
View attachment 70215
dirty covers, eh? Hard to read.
So I guess I will have to start it up again and double check. In the meanwhile - just to be sure, I turn the adjustment knob to increase the pressure is the plus sign and to lower the pressure towards the minus. Correct? It's not like propane going in the opposite direction? That knob is incredibly hard to turn so I'm going to have to use a wrench. Don't want to do it wrong the first time. :(
View attachment 70216
Craig said you are correct, plus means up, minus means down.

I told him about the hard to turn you mentioned. He said most of the knobs have a locking mechanism so you can't accidentally change it. He said try pulling the knob out to change or pushing in. The reverse after you get pressure adjusted. Probably pull out to adjust though. And, hopefully nothing got broke when you have forced it previously.

What are those black lever looking things on either side of the knob? Are they to switch between the tank and regulator settings?

If you don't know, I'll have to get Craig's glasses as he can't see the small pictures on my phone.

BTW, Porter-Cable is still in business. They might have a manual and/or parts diagram on line if you can read the model # somewhere.

I think you mean the fins on the side? are for ventilation and weight
1722866911887.png

and now I'm starting to get myself thoroughly confused with numbers - common occurance with me - hate numbers.
think Craig was right - 120 is what I probably need. The tank has a rating of 2.6 SCFM which is what I was told I needed.
Anyhow - I'll fool around with it a bit later - chickens and rabbits await.

(blushing) discovered I already had downloaded the manual a couple of years ago. Needed a new release valve thingy.
but still not sure what you are saying... there is a safety valve on one side and a couple of quik-connects on the other.
1722892650461.png

1722892738280.png

And no, I never did use a wrench on the adjustment knob. Still haven't managed to turn it yet. Think my son or neighbour turned it last time. Also no, it doesn't push in or pull out.

I think both medtran and I can lay to rest that saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" - it is NOT true! :mrgreen:

1722907235204.png

what you are seeing are the two pipes leading to the connector valves on the right and the safety valve on the left. The two red posts are the mounts for the motor on top of the tank and the silver one in the middle is the pipe into the tank.
1722907386592.png

Damn, I think they should hire me for photo's to show their product, cause the ones they post are garbage. This is just my lil'ol Samsung cellular telephone.

Dear bro (RIP) and casey - eat your hearts out.
Edit: speaking of photo's - has anyone seen or heard from tattrat recently?

Last edited:
OK, just went to the original photo you saw them in - those are shadows! Took me awhile to figure it out, but that's all they are, shadows.

OK - was able to lower the pressure in the compressor. It just took a little nudge with the wrench to move the knob. Think it just not been moved since I got it ... 7 maybe 8 years ago? and it works just fine. Lowered by a good 20 lbs. so I'm a happy camper.

Duck egg, thought I'd put a little cartoony duck on one for the girls at the Farmer's Market from whom I bought the eggs. Well, bit of a blow out on the wing. Not that it doesn't happen at the best of times but think I'm a little out of practice, both in choosing the pattern and just exactly where to carve out.
1722982104584.png

Next is a chicken egg for my Chiropodist, flowers are to offset the stinky old boots. Boots are only etched, beyond my thinking capabilities to carve thru. And obviously need a lot more practice on those flowers and leaves!
1722982487032.png
1722982523111.png

1722982563637.png
1722982597205.png

First boot is my favourite, :).

OK - was able to lower the pressure in the compressor. It just took a little nudge with the wrench to move the knob. Think it just not been moved since I got it ... 7 maybe 8 years ago? and it works just fine. Lowered by a good 20 lbs. so I'm a happy camper.

Duck egg, thought I'd put a little cartoony duck on one for the girls at the Farmer's Market from whom I bought the eggs. Well, bit of a blow out on the wing. Not that it doesn't happen at the best of times but think I'm a little out of practice, both in choosing the pattern and just exactly where to carve out.
View attachment 70232
Next is a chicken egg for my Chiropodist, flowers are to offset the stinky old boots. Boots are only etched, beyond my thinking capabilities to carve thru. And obviously need a lot more practice on those flowers and leaves!
View attachment 70235 View attachment 70236
View attachment 70237 View attachment 70238

First boot is my favourite, :).
Oh my gosh,
These are awesome. Wow...

One of my daughters loves dragon as I do :)angel:).
Since receiving my little baby I've been toying with an idea. To get another one and...
cut a goose egg in half.
1724905015782.png

although not completely equal (on purpose). I could build a little platform, fill around it with sparkling jewels... and pop a baby inside?
1724905171639.png

fits in very nicely. Here I've angled the nose out and over the edge. I will hinge it and still have yet no idea how or what I'll do for around the outside.
1724905290269.png

Any suggestions? for inside or outside?

So I did the other side of the duck egg with success today. Mounted it on a disc from a goose egg with a bit of gold 'relief gel'.
1724905900695.png

It's sitting on an empty blueberry container with foam and bits for the drill.
I'll give it to the girls in the booth at the Farmer's Market this coming Sat.

medtran! help! do you happen to have a link to the dragon you got? I found a link once but have now lost it and have scrolled and scrolled and can't find it again!

medtran! help! do you happen to have a link to the dragon you got? I found a link once but have now lost it and have scrolled and scrolled and can't find it again!
Let me look, I think they sent me extra ones. They were 8ish inches I think and that was as small as they could get that particular dragon, thus, the extra ones since they were trying to get as small as possible. They didn't charge me extra so were free, so you can have if they work.

Temu or AliExpress are much cheaper than Etsy, which is where I got mine. Kicked myself when I saw that. They also have a bunch of resin, plastic, and 3D printed dragons of all sizes. I'll take a picture of the ones I've bought for my dragon rider castle that will eventually get made.

Temu and AE also have dragon scale sequins and rhinestones you might want to check out. Plus they have egg stands and hinges and chain.

You could also cut out a "break" in the egg like the baby has pushed it out.

Last edited:
3D printed. The 2 smaller ones, about 6 inches, are the same size, but their tail ends kept breaking on them when they tried to print that small. You might be able to fiddle with filing or cutting the end piece to make a pointy tail. I used Lumiere metallic paint to jazz them up by dry brushing. You can have 1 or all 3. They were free so no biggie and I don't know if I will ever use them.

20240829_122400.jpg

Dragons from Temu and/or AliExpress.

20240829_123026.jpg

Oh, I have a mold for dragon scale dragon eggs, about 1.25 inches long. I can make some eggs for you out of air dried modeling clay if you want.

Wow, those are great medtran. This little guy I just measured, he's just on 3 and 5/8th of an inch. Think if he had wings he would not fit inside the goose egg.
1724959089817.png

6" a bit too big, LOL at least at the moment! Maybe if I halve an emu egg! Still have not even come up with a design for the 2 emu eggs I've got... sigh.

Attachments

• 1724959153657.png
    1724959153657.png
    818.6 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom