Do you think this skewers device for charcoal grill will be good for making grounded meat kebabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef

and also
if i make a mixture of grounded meat with chopped onions and parsley along with seasoning it with some spices..... will that be ok to freeze?

i don't want to make all the kebabs at once as i will only have a couple of skewers of this kind

You can make a ground meat mixture and freeze it for later use.

Usually, when one is making kebabs from a ground meat mixture, it is shaped/pressed onto the skewer. As long as the mixture isn't too wet, it should be OK. I'm not sure why you'd want to cook at two different levels if all that you are cooking is the same.

Are you thinking of getting that device?
You seem to be saying, on one hand, you will only be cooking two and wanting to freeze the rest.
Or do you want to cook them all at once and freeze them cooked.

i want to freeze the part of the meat mixture because i will not have enough skewers for all the meat.

i know that i can also put them as patties on the grill but sometimes they stick

the problem with the meat mixture is its chopped onions and parsly that might go rotten fast

I’m always wary of spending money on gadgets.

I would carefully wipe the hot grill plate with a little oil on a folded paper towel and cook the meat mixture directly on the grill.

You can certainly freeze the raw meat mixture but sometimes the seasonings and other ingredients take on a stronger flavor. Also, raw herbs sometimes go black when frozen, Experiment with a small amount and see if it suits you.

I would cook all of the meat mixture and freeze the finished kebabs, meatballs, or patties.

Good luck!

So many wrote "quotable" answers, LOL
i know that i can also put them as patties on the grill but sometimes they stick

the problem with the meat mixture is its chopped onions and parsly that might go rotten fast
Patties are not going to stick anymore than kebobs. You will still have to oil your grill.

chopped onions and parsley freeze just fine. If they go rotten then your meat probably has as well.
I’m always wary of spending money on gadgets.

I would carefully wipe the hot grill plate with a little oil on a folded paper towel and cook the meat mixture directly on the grill.

You can certainly freeze the raw meat mixture but sometimes the seasonings and other ingredients take on a stronger flavor. Also, raw herbs sometimes go black when frozen, Experiment with a small amount and see if it suits you.

I would cook all of the meat mixture and freeze the finished kebabs, meatballs, or patties.

Good luck!
I'm sure which ever way you cook them they will be just fine.
Be sure to tell us which way you've chosen and how they turned out. Actually you have enough to do both ways.
- If you are purchasing that devise you will have more than enough skewers.
- I'm not all up on the price in Euro's but that looks expensive. Here you can get a rack and skewers for about $20 Cdn.

The modular device shown costs 250 Shekels [approximately US$70.64 / CAD$94.28 / €66 at today's rate of exchange] - but it is out of stock if the OP hasn't already got one. Extra skewers cost 100 Shekels for a pack of four.

Ouch, for that price I'd expect someone to turn up at the door, meat prepared and on skewers, asking to be shown the directions to the Grill.
I don't mind turning the grill on to preheat. :innocent:

Disclaimer as I didn't check the link to the device.
But simple way for ground meat kebabs: keep everything cold. Knead properly
Use wide skewers
Then light grill without grid. Put 2 pieces of angle iron resting on the edge of the grill. Distance between them, just a little less than the length of your skewers.
Grill your meat, turning every so often. They can't stick as there is nothing to stick to ;)

Something like this (didn't use angle iron here though)
IMG_20230107_200710.jpg

That device will keep the skewers too far up from the coals. Plus you wont be able to use the lid. So i bet you would have a hard time cooking them and they wont get any of the charred/grilled taste.

Just lay the skewers directly on the grate.

You don't need a lid with skewers.
It's direct heat grilling.

But each to their own ;)

You don't need a lid with skewers.
It's direct heat grilling.

But each to their own ;)
The contraption will be too far above the coals to properly cook. The only way you could is if the lid were closed.

Also, many people the lid of their charcoal grill when cooking skewers or burgers or steak or chicken or ....

I thought you were talking about my contraption ;)

I can't open the link in OP's post, so can't comment on that piece of equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom