Do you know a good recipe and tips for pieces of beef flavored with lemongrass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing-to-believe - that is essential oil - it doesn't mean for cooking! They are selling it for aromatherapy!

It may or may not be food safe! I have no idea, but if it was I think it would say so!

Just because it is organic doesn't mean you can ingest it.

Edit:
Hope some experts can chime in on this please!

Last edited:
At that link, much further down, it says this about the product.

Safety Information​

Due to high concentration, we recommend always diluting with carrier oil before any use other than aromatherapy. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, if contact occurs, rinse well with cold water. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid using if pregnant. Discontinue the use immediately if redness or irritation occurs.
It says, "For external use only." I wouldn't cook with something like that.

i see
i heard there is such a thing as cooking lemongrass oil.. where can that be bought from?

Last edited:
Thanks taxy, I should have read further down, my bad.

Seeing - I suggest you try to find a recipe for it first, then look for some flavouring.
But off the top of my head, I imagine just laying the lemongrass on top of the beef while it is braising would be enough to flavour it. Or perhaps in the surrounding juices. For that I would cut the lemongrass stalk(s) up in pieces big enough to extract after the braising is finished. I would crush them with the back of a knife or bottom of a skillet and add to the surrounding juices.

I don't imagine it would do well if you are roasting the beef. Perhaps you could add it to the juices of the roast to make the gravy. That part is dependent on how you do your roasts. Can't advise you there.

Let us know when you find the recipe. Sounds very interesting.

Check out SE Asian recipes.
They use a lot of lemongrass in cooking, esp chicken but also rendang and others.
You can also use lemongrass as skewers for kebabs ;)
If you can't get fresh lemongrass, then look for lemongrass paste or even dried ground lemongrass

C-T-B, do you particularly like the flavour of lemongrass? Are you just looking for a lemony flavour to add to your beef?

Rendang sounds like an excellent suggestion to me. There are a number of rendang recipes here at Discuss Cooking. Do a search.

Same here,I've made it with meatballs, although that's not the standard way :)
What recipe did you use for rendang? And do you have a picture?
Just curious.

I do remember having something with ground beef in Thailand, made in a similar way to rendang, total different spices though.
I've made it her, so I got to have the recipe somewhere.
I'll go looking....

this one

i didnt had all ingrediends

Attachments

• 24f67987-29c2-499b-aaa4-162f5bd591b1.jpeg
    24f67987-29c2-499b-aaa4-162f5bd591b1.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 5
it was very nice but i hoped for it to be even tastier
but i still recommend it
you don't need to follow the recipe precisely

Well done!
I love rendang.
The rasa malaysia recipe is very much malaysian, less Indonesian. Tasty none the less.
Main idea is to cook it long enough for the coconut cream or milk to break and then the meat starts frying.

As for ground beef: I found the recipe I was thinking of.
It's with sliced beef, but I have made it with ground meat as well.

Recipe is in Dave Thompson's " street food"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom