Anyone known alternatives for a replacement Food Processor bowl? Waring/Cuisinart FP25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimtmcdaniels

Assistant Cook
Hi,
Thought I'd ask for what it's worth:

Have an older Waring-Cuisinart Commercial Food Processor Model FP25, 2.5 QTS.

The see-thru bowl has many cracks and is leaking..needs replacement.

But I have scoured the internet and eBay and Amazon and I can only find one seller with a replacement bowl for $175 includes shipping.
Basically cost prohibitive...

So I was looking for a cheaper alternative.. Sigh

The OEM Bowl is part number FP252 aka 025410.
The lid-cover is also tore up including its build in magnet.
So that we bypass the safety switch tower to over ride the missing magnet.
The OEM Lid-cover is part number FP253, aka 025412

I called Cuisinart and they were no help, no longer made they said.
Their newer Food Processor Commercial model uses a different bowl with a different safety off trigger without the switch tower, that's only $50.

I see 2.5 QTS equals 10 cups. Perhaps a 10 cup bowl would fit this unit?..
I saw these affordable Cuisinart bowls, just don't know how they would fit on mine.
I don't know what Cuisinart's bowl sizing game system is:

-
I'd like to keep this running till the motor blows, might be a decade away or a day away.....
-
Otherwise I may try wet super glue then sprinkled on top w/baking soda to seal the cracks from the outside.
That method worked very well on my cracked water pic container which seems of similar material.

Well thank you for your time.

Jim

I have no clue...but welcome to DC anyway!
smileys-waving-170093.gif

For the cracks (and is that where it is leaking from?) possibly try a silicone made for fish tanks? I know it sounds crazy but they are non-toxic for delicate fish. Might it be food safe for humans. Those little fishies are a lot more sensitive than humans.

Consider just buying a new 10 cup FP.

There is a new Cuisinart available for $130. and a Ninja for $99. You may pay a little extra but you will have less aggravation in your life. That has to be worth something.

Thank you for the reply.
Well this expensive food processor is NSF certified too...
Well we will make a decision.
I don't think silicone would last because it won't give the plastic any solid strength to keep from cracking to failure in the cracked areas.
Take care

Might you find it on eBay? I have been semi-successful in finding old replacement parts there. Even a few "old 'new' stock."

Welcome to DC.

I don't know how the silicone would hold under vibration but it is certainly strong enough to hold a 50 gallon fish tank full of water! LOL
Anyhow, hope you find a solution. If you do, please let us know?
I didn't say Welcome before, so Welcome to DC jimtmc!. I sure hope you stick around for a bit if you have time.

Might you find it on eBay? I have been semi-successful in finding old replacement parts there. Even a few "old 'new' stock."

Welcome to DC.
I think Kathleen has the right idea. Find a used one to build a complete good one. You're not going to get a fit trying to cludge different models together and will just waste money.

Or buy new.

I have bought replacement parts before and they are expensive. I've done it for myself once or twice. My old one with a broken interlock stem is now technically my daughter's. I've left it up to her to decide whether to buy a replacement part. She hasn't yet.

I've done it for a wedding gift for a nephew. They knew they were getting a "used" food processor, but the bowl was new and they wouldn't have got one as a gift otherwise. I wouldn't have given it without prior confirmation that it was wanted. Motor and blades were still in good order.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom