Costco Products You Have Tried And Your Opinion Of Them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
An offshoot of the Trader Joe's thread. I think it's time. I'll go first.

We we shopping at Costco today and saw chicken wings at one of the free sample stations. This is a primo free sample so we went for it. They are frozen Korean BBQ Style Chicken Wings.

Photo - 1.jpeg

We really liked the samples so we bought a bag of these wings and had them for dinner tonight. They are really tasty. The usual salt bite typically linked to foods where soy sauce is a significant contributor. There is a faint bit of a gentle heat I can feel as I sit here typing. We highly recommend them.

I recommend the Costco muffins from the bakery - both the blueberry and the double chocolate. Also the New England style chicken salad. I get those whenever I spend time with my cousin up in Norfolk.

I don't recall ever buying a Kirkland product I wasn't satisfied with -- food or otherwise.

I really like their garlic products, which are from California garlic, not Chinese like most other brands in the supermarket. The California Granulated Garlic is excellent. In fact, all the Kirkland spices and seasonings I buy are very good. I always buy their black peppercorns for my grinder, and their coarse ground pepper for my pepper shaker.

They also have good roasted peanuts in big plastic jars. They are salted, but not overly so.

CD

I get small pack (in a big pack) of smoked salmon. Being smoked salmon, of course it is not cheap. But cheaper than having to either throw away smoked salmon not used or eating to excess something you've had your fill of. Sort of ruins it, eh?
I'll post a pic tomorrow. Please remind me. oops after midnight, so I'll post later today...

I get small pack (in a big pack) of smoked salmon. Being smoked salmon, of course it is not cheap. But cheaper than having to either throw away smoked salmon not used or eating to excess something you've had your fill of. Sort of ruins it, eh?
I'll post a pic tomorrow. Please remind me. oops after midnight, so I'll post later today...

They sell other individually vacuum sealed frozen fish in big bags. I like it, because I cook for myself, and I can pull one out at a time, and it will be nearly as good as fresh fish.

CD

Back
Top Bottom