Cooking with beer wine and liquor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hyperpotato

Assistant Cook
Is this wrong? I cook with all of these, not because of the alcohol that gets burned off, but because of the interesting sugars in these fine liquids?

Well those people are right. There was alcohol in it. The alcohol does not cook out the way a lot of people think. There will always be some alcohol remaining. Even if you flambe a dish there will be a surprising amount left. Check out this chart.

I love cooking with alcohol. When used appropriately it can really add something great.

Thanks for the chart, that's actually nice to see. I knew alcohol didn't completely get removed at cooking temperatures, but I guess my point was more, how do you cook with alcohol to people who do not drink alcohol? I find alcohol an essential cooking ingredient!

Thanks for the chart, that's actually nice to see. I knew alcohol didn't completely get removed at cooking temperatures, but I guess my point was more, how do you cook with alcohol to people who do not drink alcohol? I find alcohol an essential cooking ingredient!

There are people who will gladly eat something cooked with alcohol even though they don't drink it because they know what it adds to a dish. SOME, but not all - especially recovering alcoholics - you mustn't put them through that. Something tells me you know that already. HOWEVER, cooking for a dinner served at certain churches is a different thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom