Best fried rice I've ever had

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+2. :chef: I love fried rice and especially love that it's so forgiving as far as ingredients.

Looks and sounds great med, and I'm with you on the shrimp as a protein. I think I'll grab a little jar of baby corn too, while I'm at it. :yum:

Villagers are soo yesterday, bucky. Aside from being tough and stringy...

I'm upper crust all the way - straight for the yummy plump ones!

Attachments

• dragonatthegates2b.JPG
    dragonatthegates2b.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 132
Oh, ok. Royal fried rice.

Hey, that's a great name for med's special fried rice.

Or, Fried Rice Royale.

Last edited:
I just said, "Now I want fried rice!" :chef: Like Kayelle, I toss a few peas and carrots in for color. Fried rice was one of those "cool" college meals back when. "Want to go for fried rice" was a great way to get a crowd to follow under the guise of dinner. Cheap and delicious.....

I don't have it nearly as often as I would like these days. :/

LOL - good threads never die - they just take a nap every once-in-a-while. Started in early (1016 just saw this! LOL) 2016 and now it's going Autumn 2024.
I have since spoken to one of the Indonesian girls I know, and according to her Fried Rice is generally used for leftovers. It is consider a side dish of rice. So although there maybe lots of different ingredients, they are small amounts using up very small amounts of leftovers.

I love fried rice and will cook pork, chicken and especially shrimp, my favourite, just for that! A LOT of them! Mine may not be along the traditional lines - ask me if I care. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I've seen Chinese restaurants where you can get chicken, pork, or shrimp fried rice or just get the house special, which is chicken, pork, AND shrimp fried rice.

I have a friend who makes great fried rice, but I've never been good at making it. Lately, I get some BBQ pork and just chop that up and put it in the Innovasion BBQ pork fried rice I get from the freezer section at the store. I pick out the peas and scrambled eggs and add the BBQ pork (because the box only comes with maybe two pieces of pork) and soy sauce and I'm good. But I wish I could make good fried rice.

To me nasi goreng is the way to go to use left over rice with all kind of other left overs (as mentioned above)

ooohh, thank you Badjak! The name sounded familiar, but when I looked it up am pretty sure I've never had nor made this.

Have just copied a recipe from recipetineats one of my favourite sites. I don't have kecap manis but easy to sub with honey and soy s. I also have some shrimp paste but it is years old, never opened. Guess I'll find out when I get around to opeining it. :cautious:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom