Beef Stew:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy15

Cook
Beef Stew:

I just guessed the amounts of veggies.

2 Pkgs. Stew Meat

Put stew meat in Tupperware container and put enough flour in it to cover the stew meat; add garlic salt and pepper, to taste.

Put the lid on and shake it until the stew meat is covered with flour.

Heat oil in a large skillet and heat it on low heat.

Lightly brown the stew meat and season with garlic salt and pepper.

While the stew meat is browning, dice up white onions, garlic, to taste and cut a bag of baby red potatoes in chunks, leave skin on.

When the stew meat is lightly browned, put on plate and dap with a paper towel to remove grease; put in a large stockpot. Add cut-up bacon onions, garlic, potatoes and the following, to taste.

Bacon, Cut
Baby Carrots
Frozen Green Beans
Frozen Peas
Frozen Corn
1 Carton Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
Diced Onions
Chopped Garlic
2 Cans Tomato Soup
2 Cartons Swanson’s Beef Broth
4 Pkgs. McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning
1/2 Cup Minute Tapioca
1 T. Sugar

Stir all the ingredients well in the stock pot; put lid on and cook on low all day, stirring occasionally.

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpeg
    IMG_3757.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 23
Roxy, please forgive me but I'm so sorry as this recipe just does not make sense.
How many does this serve? How much does your stew meat weigh? 4 pkgs of seasoning? One pkg usually does 2 lbs of stew meat.
Salt n Pepper have been added to the flour and then again while browning the meat. Plus the 4 pkg. of seasoning is bound to have a lot of salt. Not to mention there is also Bacon?
What size cans and do you dilute your tomato soup? What size cartons broth?
Eyeballing recipe ingredients is fine for an experienced cook who has done that same recipe many, many times over the years. To post vague ingredients is not really a recipe.
May I suggest next time you make it - take pictures along the way. For example: place your prepared potatoes, carrots, portions of frozen vegies you will be adding all in one picture. This gives readers a chance to visualize proportions.
1723811583404.jpeg
clams and bok choy, prepped and ready to go.
1723811714217.jpeg

my version of Andy's Tuscan Butter Shrimp. Prepped.

I hope this helps for future recipes you may wish to post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom