Are we all on diets tonight? Sunday, June 23.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a new favourite, Pariserbøf. That's the smørrebrød (Danish open faced sandwich) with a burger patty on a pan toasted slice of bread and loads of garnishes: capers, chopped red onion, chopped pickled beets, "pickles" (small pieces of vegetable marinated with hot spices and vinegar) radish sprouts (Danes use cress a lot), an egg yoke (I cooked a sunny side up egg and cut off most of the white), and freshly grated horseradish, but I left that out because I can't find fresh horseradish. I seriously enjoyed that. I had leftover veggie-lentil soup from yesterday as an appetizer. I got really hungry while I was getting ready to make that Pariserbøf. Lunch size plate.

Pariserbøf - Danish smørrebrød with ground beef and lots of garnish.jpg

Fried what and hot dogs?
d should have been an s - and lunch should have been mentioned as well.
Ok, I BBQ'd some shrimp with a random combination of condiments, mostly Asian. Made some garlic infused evoo crostini on the BBQ, then made bruschetta. Also snails in herb and garlic butter with mushrooms and gruyere in the oven, and a beer.
How'd you put that together, escargot in herb 'n garlic butter I can do but how with the mushrooms and gruyere?
Not a single ingredient there I don't absolutely love. I usually sprinkle a bit of parmesan on while in the oven but with gruyere? and mushrooms?

Last edited:
How'd you put that together, escargot in herb 'n garlic butter I can do but how with the mushrooms and gruyere?

I have only had snails (escargot) twice. The first time was on a cruise ship near Italy, and they were wonderful. The second was at a highly rated restaurant somewhere (I don't recall where), and they were awful. They were prepared exactly the same way, so it must have been the snails themselves that were different.

CD

d should have been an s - and lunch should have been mentioned as well.

Not a single ingredient there I don't absolutely love. I usually sprinkle a bit of parmesan on while in the oven but with gruyere? and mushrooms?
This time I diced some cremini and just added a few pieces to each indent of the ceramic escargot dish along with the snail in garlic and herb butter. I've also precooked whole mushrooms and used them to stuff instead. So 1 or 2 snails per indent and any excess snails were just added arbitrarily around in the dish and a few more mushroom pieces as well, it's really up to you how much or least you prepare these and generally I'm quite generous with the garlic and herb butter. Grate some gruyere and sprinkle about along with a little parmigiana and sometimes I add some dried breadcrumbs or panko. Oh, and a little fresh baguette from making crostini's to mop up any juices.

Last edited:
I have only had snails (escargot) twice. The first time was on a cruise ship near Italy, and they were wonderful. The second was at a highly rated restaurant somewhere (I don't recall where), and they were awful. They were prepared exactly the same way, so it must have been the snails themselves that were different.

CD
Yeah, I'm reluctant to order them in a restaurant simply because most places FTU, if you know what I mean. ;)

Yesterday was our 40th wedding anniversary 🎊

DH wasn't feeling well and just wanted something cool to eat, so I made tuna pasta salad and served it over salad greens.

I found these gorgeous Danube Wave cakes at Aldi and we had them for dessert. Butter cake, Morello cherries, whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Yum.

20240623_203930.jpg

Yesterday was our 40th wedding anniversary 🎊

DH wasn't feeling well and just wanted something cool to eat, so I made tuna pasta salad and served it over salad greens.

I found these gorgeous Danube Wave cakes at Aldi and we had them for dessert. Butter cake, Morello cherries, whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Yum.

View attachment 69738
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Back
Top Bottom