Anything interesting for supper tonight, Sunday, 2024 September 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had a Danish dish called a krebinet. It's a breaded, seasoned, pork patty that is fried like a hamburger. I had that with pasta with pesto sauce and a green salad of red oakleaf lettuce, shaved red onion, cucumber, peas, and the last of this batch of vinaigrette. I really like the crispy crust on krebinetter.

2024-09-01 Italian seasonings krebinet with penne with pesto sauce, and a salad1.jpg

IMG_4418.JPG

I had a big bunch of fresh Kale that needed to be eaten, so I washed and chopped it up.
Half went into an Italian-inspired for Soup tomorrow and the rest went into this pasta dish, it is Sunday after all and that's Pasta Day here.

One of my favorite quick dishes:

Barilla brand Three Cheese Tortellini cooked to al dente, set aside.
Sweet Italian Sausage pan fried crispy along with some Sweet Onions and Olive Oil.
Add in that Kale, a grate of fresh Nutmeg, Garlic and some water steam it all nice.
Add back in the Pasta, steam a bit longer to re-heat the Tortellini.
Dish up with a goodly topping of grated cheese, fresh ground black pepper and a drizz of Olive Oil.
Nice bread is optional

Last night I made something mostly for tomorrow, but had to have to cups of it, just because I knew it was in the fridge - some GAZPACHO! There's still over 3 quarts of it for tomorrow, so nobody will miss what I snacked on. I finished 2 leftover things I had, and had a couple sandwiches on the fresh rye bread through the day, and made some guacamole, so nothing for dinner specifically, but started on things for tomorrow, too.
Another batch of gazpacho, but too late to cool for today. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom