Anyone got cooking/eating plans for Super Bowl 2024? (Feb. 12th)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the fryer going, my wings ready, and open the fridge to find no Frank's Red hot. I went with Crystal instead, and added some honey for a hot honey vibe. Good choice. (y)

1707705997421.jpeg

The wings were really big and meaty. Got them at HEB. HEB had a commercial on the Super Bowl, and it was quite good.

CD

Last edited:
So, is this today's supper thread?
Let's treat it as such!

We're still setting up the house, not quite ready to live in but close. We rela...Himself relaxed today. All I did was make supper. And hunted for the garlic powder. Found it! It was Super Bowl Sunday and I made Italian sausage and bean soup, which we had with garlic cheese ciabatta toast.

20240211_221600.jpg

We have a whole lotta Styrofoam from the TV packaging.

I fried up some brown basmati rice with the leftover pork gyro. I added sesame seeds and tamari. I also added mushrooms. I chopped up one in small pieces and left three whole, so DH could hand them to me. He didn't mind the small pieces of chopped up 'shrooms and I got my whole ones. Win-win. That was tasty. I served it with a salad.
Fried rice made with leftover pork gyro, and a salad sm.jpg

As a side note, I don't remember seeing any Budweiser or Coca-Cola ads during the SB. Comments? That would have to be a first.

I fried up some brown basmati rice with the leftover pork gyro. I added sesame seeds and tamari. I also added mushrooms. I chopped up one in small pieces and left three whole, so DH could hand them to me. He didn't mind the small pieces of chopped up 'shrooms and I got my whole ones. Win-win. That was tasty. I served it with a salad. View attachment 67949
Sounds great!

Last edited:
I've taken the liberty to add the date to the thread title, mainly as it seems to have become "today's menu" thread as well.

Frank, Kathleen - those shrimp look very yummy!

I've taken the liberty to add the date to the thread title, mainly as it seems to have become "today's menu" thread as well.

Welllll, it wasn't intended to be, but no big deal. I was hoping for some foods people make just for the Super Bowl game watching. It seems to me that SB food is a lot like NYE food -- party food, often finger food/bar food.

CD

DH wants meatloaf tonight before his second chemo treatment tomorrow, so meatloaf he will have :wub: with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. We have blueberry-lemon cheesecake for dessert that I bought at my friend's bakery opening yesterday.
I was too tired to make any green stuff, although I did manage to bake a batch of 45-minute dinner rolls. Priorities 😁
20240211_202910.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom