Aebleskiver... who has made?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Has been on my bucket list and other day found a pan in my DIL's cupboard! Haven't spoken to her yet, she's been super busy at work, also be gone for the long weekend. So....
reaching out here - anybody here ever made them? Think it would be lovely for the grandkids!!!
Need some tips, hints, ideas?

I'm guessing that with separating and adding whipped whites, this is not a recipe I can mix up at night and cook in the morning. Shame as that would be perfect for me.

I haven't made æbleskiver. I checked my favourite Danish recipe site and there were a lot of recipes. There various forms of leavening and various liquids used.

I will attach a screenshot of my search results. The names of the first few are here,

• Æbleskiver med kærnemælk og natron = Æbleskiver with buttermilk and baking soda
  • Æbleskiver med gær = Æbleskiver with yeast
  • Æbleskiver uden kærnemælk = Æbleskiver without buttermilk
  • And there is even one with the title, Æbleskiver without egg
If any of those interest you, I can send you the URL. Google Translate usually does a not terrible job. There is usually at least one odd translation. I can help with the translation on any that interest you.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 01-19-33 Søg efter opskrift på æbleskiver Søg på opskriftens navn.png

Yeah, I've found lots too. I'll check them out and get in touch if I need to. Thanks, LOL probably a lot more than I need. I've even watched a few videos as well.
I was more looking for hints from those of you who have actually made them. Or have a more favourite recipe that they've adjusted.

I remember seeing the pan long ago at a Cracker Barrel, then going home and looking up a recipe because I was curious about what went in that pan. Never did buy the pan though.

Good luck Dragn!

Yeah, I've found lots too. I'll check them out and get in touch if I need to. Thanks, LOL probably a lot more than I need. I've even watched a few videos as well.
I was more looking for hints from those of you who have actually made them. Or have a more favourite recipe that they've adjusted.
I didn't think you couldn't find recipes. But, I thought you might be interested in authentic, Danish recipes for this traditional, Danish snack / dessert.

Has been on my bucket list and other day found a pan in my DIL's cupboard! Haven't spoken to her yet, she's been super busy at work, also be gone for the long weekend. So....
reaching out here - anybody here ever made them? Think it would be lovely for the grandkids!!!
Need some tips, hints, ideas?

I'm guessing that with separating and adding whipped whites, this is not a recipe I can mix up at night and cook in the morning. Shame as that would be perfect for me.

I've watched someone make them at a camp gathering. I've eaten a bunch of them, too. I don't remember a lot about making them, I do remember eating them.

CD

Back
Top Bottom