2021 Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Plans/Menus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beg to differ taxy, I've had both types of sauces in my fridge for a couple of years. Neither have gone off. One is mostly vinegar, the other mostly sugar, both of which are preservatives.

beg to differ taxy, I've had both types of sauces in my fridge for a couple of years. Neither have gone off. One is mostly vinegar, the other mostly sugar, both of which are preservatives.

Were they homemade? I was mostly talking about why someone would have started making mint jelly rather than mint sauce. Have you ever had homemade mint jelly? It's much nicer than any mint sauce I had tasted before. I also didn't make it that gaudy green colour.

I've had one or two mint jellies, (not my own) and I preferred the store bought one. Still on my bucket list though!

As for the sauce, I once made a hideous one myself, in an emergency. LOL, I now make sure I always have some on hand - for whatever reason!

I've actually used it in some taboula once when I discovered my garden mint had some sort of crud on it. And no, it was not suceessful but not a disaster. lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom