Why is cultured meat so stuck in development for mass production?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i meant to say 'i wonder'.......

anyway. i think i got some answers when i searched for it..

i still have questions about the issue tho..

Last edited:
anyway.
What are those answers you got? Cost is a big one and creating proper bioreactors is a huge issue.
ive used the Brave search engine and got ai answers

about 20 years ago i met vegans that said it will be availble in 10 years. they were wrong.
i wish they could have been right i guess.....

I heard in the 50's we would be using flying cars by the 80's.

Anyway, so far it's mostly an exercise in very good marketing and promotion which have big money stepping up and investing from the talking point that align with opinions that promote a certain agenda. It's the same agenda that brought us the impossible burger et al. The main hurtles will be the same as the plant based offerings which to date seem to have these companies on their back foot wondering what went wrong which is fundamentally the problem with solutions like this. Maybe they will learn from those conclusion, but I suspect it will be full steam ahead. It's only a right off for a specific amount of time and time is not on their side.

We'll see what happens and of course there are no products for sale anywhere in the world except Singapore where they're mostly used in restaurants, which is a chicken product which are also considered an "ultra processed food" so there is that hurtle to overcome with the initial offerings that the world will be subject to probably for the first decade or so before companies can recuperate some of their R&D to then progress in something that actually resembles an animal product.

I've been following both the plant based meat alternatives and the cultured meat project for a few years, it's all quite fascinating on so many different levels.

Last edited:
Who will invest in it?
I wouldn't.
It has to be someone that wants to eat it.
I wouldn't.
Would you do both?
People can put their money where their mouth is.

If and when they can "grow meat in vats", I will give it a try, provided it doesn't have ingredients that I don't consider to be food.

Back
Top Bottom