Wednesday, Feb 21 eats. Let's get this party started!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I haven't cooked or eaten dinner, yet. But I am smoking some wings (flappers only) on the ember Kettle tonight, since the weather is awesome. Just seasoned with SPG (salt, pepper and granulated garlic). I'm using hickory chunks for smoke. I smoke my wings hot and fast -- 300F. They take in a lot of smoke in a shot time. I'll try to post up some pictures later (as they used to say on the news, "Pictures at Eleven").

CD

3 Flat bread pizzas. N'duja with onions/garlic, fresh moz and Pecorino Romano; Margharita; and a sweated leeks, fresh moz, Pecorino Romano, and prosciutto.

Pic is of Margharita and leeks/prosciutto, which are the ones I ate. Craig's n'duja pizza looked deadly so I passed. He said it was really good though.
20240221_182109.jpg

Smoked chicken wings done. I like using the kettle grill for this so I can put the wings skin-side down at the end directly over the coals to crisp up the skins. Otherwise, smoked chicken can have rather rubbery skin. You can also smoke wings on a regular smoker, and pop them onto a foil covered tray, and put them under your oven broiler for a minute or two and get the same crispy skin.

1708571108077.jpeg

CD

Last edited:
Smoked chicken wings done. I like using the kettle grill for this so I can put the wings skin-side down at the end directly over the coals to crisp up the skins. Otherwise, smoked chicken can have rather rubbery skin. You can also smoke wings on a regular smoker, and pop them onto a foil covered tray, and put them under your oven broiler for a minute or two and get the same crispy skin.

CD

The one bad thing about smoked chicken is that it does not make good leftovers. The smoke flavor is good when it is fresh, but by the next day, that smoke flavor gets rather stale. The skin gets particularly unpleasant.

CD

Smoked turkey is perfectly fine to use leftover. We have 2 favorite recipes, a smoked turkey, wild rice, vegetable soup, and we also use it in a hot brown open faced sandwich even though traditionally roast turkey is used. Both are excellent uses for leftover smoked turkey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom