Tamagoyaki Pan, @Kaneohegirlinaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@dragnlaw yes, we've been back from our second airplane trip for almost two weeks now.
I haven't been cooking/baking much, as I needed to "catch up" on things.

But yes, I have tried this cutie!
IMG_4062.JPG
IMG_4063.JPG

I've made Tamagoyaki twice so far:

IMG_4329.JPG

This was my first go - meh - I misunderstood the recipe (it was in Japanese) - it was far too salty.
Second try (no photo, sorry, was too excited) I winged it. It was added to our Sumo-Sized bowls of my Cold Somen Salad Supper, OISHII!!!
Now I want to try to make one large enough to go atop a Spam Musubi ...

K-girl, as one who loves gadgets and gizmos (but has limited space), what is the selling point for this pan? I do love tomagoyaki, but have wondered whether I could make it with a regular skillet even though it would be misshaped. Thoughts?

I thought the same Kathleen. Only you probably wouldn't have nice edges.
Actually you would/could end up making something more like Omurice. I think Japan loves their gadgets even more than I do. Each one has a specific dish.
LOL - I was just CMT'ing that recipe this morning.

@Kathleen I bought my adorable pink pan back home in Honolulu at Don Quijote for less than $15. As I may have mentioned in another thread, I've been on the hunt for this pan for years. This past June when we were in the store, I saw a corded off aisle being restocked, but no worker bee. I spied my beauty, went over the cording and snatched it up.

@dragnlaw and @Kathleen I have seen You Tube videos discussing making Tamagoyaki in regulation round pans.

When buying your Tamagoyaki pan, I would say that that lip on the outside edge makes a huge difference in the square pan. Where with your skillet, there's already that lip.

Also what I have been reading is it takes several tries before you get it right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom