Supper in the heat, 2023 July 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made red fish piccata, a salad of sorrel, rainbow chard, scallions, thinly sliced carrot, romaine lettuce, curly lettuce, peas, and corn. I refreshed the ranch inspired dressing from a few days ago to serve with the salad. There were haskap berries and toasted pumpkin seeds as garnish. I also served some brown basmati rice with that. The fish piccata needs a little bit of tweaking, but it was pretty darned good.

Redfish piccata, salad, and brown basmati rice 2.jpg
Redfish piccata, salad, and brown basmati rice 3.jpg

Shared takeout Chinese with DD. Chicken almond ding with white sauce, pork fried rice, and wonton soup. Saved soup for lunch today.

I made another, even larger batch of of that raw tomato and pasta dish, but this time I added some other flavors to it, like I usually do. Besides the 3 lbs of tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and 3 basils I had in the basic sauce, I added some olives and olive pastes, some anchovies, and some capers, plus a tb of red wine vinegar. I made almost the same things to add to the the pasta - this time 5 oz spelt, instead of kamut, and an ounce more of channa dal, pre-cooked in the Instant Pot, before cooking 12 oz spiral pasta. The pasta was drained on the dal and spelt, to re-heat that some, before mixing it all with the tomato mix. Even after that large bowl I had of it, I have about 4 qts leftover of it, for many more helpings. I know one friend who will help me with it!
48 oz of tomatoes, diced, with 3 huge cloves of garlic, and some Thai basil, minced. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

20 Greek style olives and about 3 tb of anchovies, chopped, plus a tb green and 3 tb kalamata olive paste added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

3 tb salted capers, soaked a couple of hours, then chopped, and added to the tomatoes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

pasta, with channa dal, spelt, fresh tomatoes, garlic, 3 basils, anchovies, olives and EVOO, and capers. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished pasta with the raw tomato mix by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I had some of those leftovers for breakfast this morning!

It was 113 here yesterday. Expect the same again today. 109 degrees for this week. Ok It's hot!
Had some hot dogs in the freezer. Made a batch of bread. Divided the loaf in half. Dough dogs it was and curly fries in the air fryer.
Now what to do with the left over dough.
Avoiding going to the store. Might try something with Adells Hickory smoked beef sausages today. I'm outta everything produce wise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom