Souper Easy Pork Chop and Rice Bake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmyap

Sous Chef
This is nothing new and many variations exist for this but I'd share our recipe.

Souper Easy Pork Chop and Rice Bake

4 bone-in pork chops
1 1/2 cups long grain rice (uncooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or whatever kind you like.)
1 can beef or chicken broth
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix.

In your casserole pan mix your uncooked rice, the can of soup and the can of broth. Nestle your pork chops down in this mixture. Sprinkle the top with some of the onion soup mix (I don't usually use the whole envelope but that it up to taste.)

Cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes (just to brown the top.)

You can also substitute chicken for the pork chops.

Really simple and good when you don't feel like peeling, chopping, yada, yada.

Ha ha. This is a recipe my son "invented". It was the 1st dinner he ever made for us when he invited us to his apt when he moved away from home the first time. Yes, it is good.

I've done similar for a long time, always good!

Love Cream of Something soup, and Lipton Onion soup mix always adds that extra ooomph. Doing this in the CP is good too, you can brown chops or chicken. Or not. Great comfort food.

Last edited:
Sounds good! Thanks, I'll keep it in mind the next time I feel like I need something for comfort.

This reminds me, I was supposed to post my stove top version. I'll have to pick up the ingredients.

Thanks for posting. It sounds delicious. I bet some cheese sprinkled on when you start to brown it would be great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom